Our Main Office
Construction Equipment Guide
470 Maryland Drive
Fort Washington, PA 19034
📅 Tue February 12, 2013 - National Edition
The largest of Hitachi’s reduced-tail-swing excavators, the design of the ZX245USLC-5 allows the machine to rotate freely within a small radius, so they are more productive around obstacles and confined spaces such as alleys or close to buildings. And with increased swing torque and drawbar pull, their production matches big-time machines, according to the manufacturer.
“When Hitachi designed the ZX245USLC-5, they listened to what their contractors had to say about features they would like to see,” said Mark Wall, Hitachi product marketing manager. “Hitachi came up with a versatile, easy-to-transport excavator that can work on a variety of job sites and use different attachments to help get any job done.”
The ZX245USLC-5 has customer-driven enhancements for the best excavator experience possible. Key features, product highlights and specs include:
• Fuel efficiency: Hitachi excavators, with their fuel-thrifty Isuzu engines, have traditionally been one of the most fuel-efficient options on the market. The all new and improved Isuzu Interim Tier-IV-certified engines are powerful, compact and more fuel efficient than ever, but deliver power without compromise in all conditions.
• Hydraulics: The hydraulic system makes any job feel like less work. Whether you are digging around buried obstructions, putting in a basement, digging a trench, or setting pipe, Hitachi’s ZX245USLC-5 delivers engine performance and improved hydraulic flow that are perfectly balanced for fast, smooth and precise operations.
• Cab comfort: A large expanse of glass on the right side, narrow front cab posts, a large overhead window and numerous mirrors provide excellent visibility. And silicone-filled cab mounts effectively isolate operators from noise and vibration.
• Delivers more swing torque and bucket digging force with less emissions and noise.
• Tungsten-carbide thermal-coated arm surfaces, oil-impregnated bushings and welded boom bulkheads ensure it delivers unsurpassed durability and uptime.
• Large fuel tank and 500- and 5000-hour engine and hydraulic oil-service intervals enable the ZX245USLC-5 to work longer between stops for service.
• Arm force with 42-in. (106 cm), 1.09-cu.-yd. (0.83 cu m) heavy-duty bucket with power boost: 27,877 lb. (124.0 kN)
• Bucket digging force with 42-in. 1.09-cu.-yd. (0.83 cu m) heavy-duty bucket with power boost: 29,099 lb. (129.4 kN)
• 56,167 lb. (25,500 kg)
• Swing speed: 13.3 rpm
• Maximum digging depth: 20 ft. 5 in. (6.21 m)
For more information, visit www.hitachimining.com.