The Ohio Aggregates and Industrial Minerals Association (OAIMA) held its 2012 Annual Meeting and Trade Show recently in Columbus, Ohio.
More than 450 industry personnel were in attendance along with more than 60 exhibitors.
Highlighting the kick-off of the event was a visit from Ohio Lt. Gov. Mary Taylor.
The lieutenant governor spoke of economic development and jobs for Ohioans and recognized the OAIMA’s role as an association and an industry in achieving positive results.
She also thanked members for their support of the Common Sense Initiative and for their continuing efforts to help streamline government including OAIMA’s continuing involvement with the CSI office.
During the event, several long-time OAIMA and industry leaders were honored at the 2012 Annual Meeting including:
• Tom Milligan (Western Ohio Cut Stone) — Hall of Fame Award
• Chris Scala (American Sand & Gravel) — Hall of Fame Award
• Marlene Oster (OsterSand & Gravel) — Ed Hole Award
• State Rep. Dave Hall — Robert A. Wilkinson Award
Brian Barger (Brady, Coyle & Schmidt) — Rocky Award
In addition to awards, Tony Kruse, nominating committee chairman (National Lime & Stone), announced the 2013 OAIMA Board of Directors:
• President, Tony Price (National Lime & Stone)
• First Vice President, Hugh Gunn (East Fairfield Coal Co., Limestone Division)
• Second Vice President, Todd Young (Mar-Zane Materials, Inc.)
• Immediate Past President, Dennis Philips (Philips Companies)
• Treasurer, Jack Kersjes
For more information, visit www.oaima.org.