NorAm Construction Equipment’s latest version of the 65E compact motorgrader features Tier III emission compliant engines. In addition to the standard Cummins QSB4.5 engine, the company announced the availability of the optional Caterpillar C4.4 engine. The updated NorAm 65E also features a digital electronic display and diagnostics system to monitor the machine operating systems to ensure optimum performance and ease of maintenance and repair.
According to Eric Mueller, president of NorAm, “We originally looked at this change as strictly a compliance issue. However, we quickly learned that the Tier III engines are quieter and provide increased torque and superior electronic diagnostic capabilities. The engineering process allowed us the opportunity to incorporate a number of other serviceability improvements as well as various styling enhancements.”
New upgrades for the NorAm 65E include:
• Digital electronic display and diagnostic system to monitor the machine operating systems.
• Enlarged engine side panels for improved service access.
• Hood mounted grab handles, additional decals, new headlights, and radio option group.
• Easy fill and secure hydraulic tank system — located inside the engine compartment
• Five point transport tie-down system
These features along with the full power shift transmission and torque converter, the 53 in. gear driven circle, and the optional 90 degree bank slope saddle, position the 65E as the compact grader of choice with paving contractors, site development contractors, road maintenance and repair operations, and municipalities, according to the manufacturer.