More than 250 dealers and customers of Terex Pegson and Powerscreen, manufacturers of mobile crushing and screening plant and equipment for the mining, quarrying and recycling industries, attended the Americas Open Day, held in San Diego, Calif., Feb. 4 to 6.
The event featured a major conference for dealers, a separate parts conference, and an on-site demonstration of a range of Terex Pegson and Powerscreen crushers and screens, showcasing the machines’ adaptability for a wide variety of functions.
The conference also provided an opportunity for dealers to attend a series of expert-led workshops designed to maximize the customer experience of Terex Pegson and Powerscreen.
“Our Americas Open Day was an outstanding success and feedback from dealers and customers has been fantastic,” said Global Sales Director Pat Brian. “Economic conditions globally may be challenging, but Terex Pegson and Powerscreen are committed to enhancing the experience of all our customers, to reinforce our position as the world’s leader in mobile crushing plant and equipment for our key sectors and to continue to innovate as we have in the past. I have no doubt that the conference was an excellent way for us to stay connected with our most important asset, our customers.”
“Staging this event in our own backyard has been outstanding for our dealership,” stated Paul Campbell, president of Powerscreen California. “It isn’t often you get the chance to have this high profile type of event showcasing all of the new offerings with live demonstrations of the equipment. This was a golden opportunity to have our customers [some 70 in all] attend the show and witness first hand the commitment Terex Pegson and Powerscreen has to innovative product development, support and service.
“Our customers were overwhelmed to see the introduction of the Dual Power Green Waste machine being introduced first into California,” he added.
Rüediger Christophel, managing director of C. Christophel GmbH in Germany, travelled to the Americas Open Day with nine members of staff and 13 customers.
“We were excited about the product range and were particularly keen on the onsite demonstration and the opportunity to hear about future plans,” Christophel said. “I’m pleased to say that my customers were impressed by what they saw and my positive experience of Terex Pegson and Powerscreen has been reinforced.”
Seven working crushing and screening plants made up of 16 individual crushers and screens were on demonstration at a limestone quarry outside San Diego. Several new products were on display, including:
• XR400S jaw crusher: The work-horse of the Terex Pegson jaw crusher range. It is a mid-range, primary or secondary jaw crusher, suitable for most applications and capable of producing up to 400 tph (363 t), depending on the application.
• XV350 VSI is a vertical shaft impact crusher that gives full control of the shape and size of the end product, especially for use in high specification contracts.
• XH250 impact crusher: Designed especially for the recycling and demolition markets, the XH250 Impact Crusher has special features designed to prevent chamber overload and damage.
• Dual Power Chieftain 2100X: With dual power, this provides users with an alternative energy source and the ability to choose fuel type for use depending on cost, location and availability.
• Chieftain 2100X Bivitec: Designed for screening bulkier materials that might cause traditional screens to “blind.” For example, fibrous or very fine materials, materials with high moisture content, and applications where quality of grades and low cut points are important.
• Warrior 2400: Capable of scalping, stockpiling and three or two-way splitting a wide variety of material types in difficult and demanding applications such as in scalping, recycling, aggregates compost, topsoil, coal, construction and demolition, waste and iron ore.
• Finesmaster 200X Compact: Designed to produce one grade of clean, dry ready-for-sale sand and ideal in applications where material needs to be washed, such as quarry dust, beach sands, recycled materials and Iron ore.
For more information, visit www.powerscreen.com or www.terexpegson.com.