Our Main Office
Construction Equipment Guide
470 Maryland Drive
Fort Washington, PA 19034
📅 Tue February 26, 2013 - National Edition
Volvo Construction Equipment now offers three high-reach (HR) excavators with available boom heights ranging from 69 to 105 ft. (21 to 32 m). The newest high-reach excavator — the EC700CHR — offers a 105 ft. (32 m) reach, and joins the Volvo EC380DHR and EC480DHR in the high-reach line-up.
All Volvo high-reach machines include a design which allows operators to easily change the high-reach boom and arm to a standard backhoe or straight boom configuration in as little as 30 minutes, increasing machine utilization and productivity, according to the manufacturer.
The EC700CHR design offers operator safety and machine stability through a number of features, including a long undercarriage, extra modular counterweight, boom and arm holding valves, optional slew-reduction control and a total moment indicator, which signals a warning if the machine is approaching overload. Machine productivity is enhanced with a viscous-mounted and sound-dampened cabin, forward and rear-view cameras, and an optional reversible fan which purges coolers of dust and debris.
Standard features on the EC700CHR include:
• Bucket cylinder guard (digging front) and boom cylinder guard (high reach front), which protect rods, cylinders and piping from damage caused by falling objects.
• Swing-ring protection guard, which defends the swing-ring bearing seal and grease piping from damage caused by rebar, timber, concrete or other rubble.
• Frame-mounted falling object guard (FOG), which protects operator and cab from wayward debris; bars on the front of the guard are hinged to the front panel and set at angles, increasing forward visibility and making window-cleaning easy.
• Micro-mesh screens on doors and engine cowl, which keep fine particles out and boost engine performance.
• Double-thickness side doors on each side of the superstructure, which protect coolers and pumps in the event of a collision and improve machine life.
• Bolt-on side impact protection system, which defends the superstructure against possible damage.
• Enhanced 8mm under-guarding (10 mm under the slew ring) with bolt-head protection.
• Full-length track guards, which repel demolition debris and prevent rebar or other sharp objects from lodging in the tracks.
• Total Moment Indicator (TMI) system, which provides operator warning via audible alarm and lamp signal if the machine is under overload (through pressure, angle and slew sensors).
• Hydraulically retractable undercarriage with cylindrical design for enhanced stability during operation and ease of transport.
• Front view camera on high reach demolition boom with large 7-in. monitor providing greater visibility and increased operator safety.
Better, Stronger, Faster
With new enhancements, the EC700CHR provides more strength, efficiency and productivity than its predecessor, according to the manufacturer.
The EC700CHR is equipped with a Volvo D16 Tier IVi engine, providing lower emissions, increased horsepower and engine torque. Productivity is boosted with higher main hydraulic pressure and improved hydraulic flow, as well as increased swing speed, travel speed, arm tear-out and bucket breakout forces.
Operator comfort is improved with lower interior sound levels and a hydraulic cabin which tilts up to 30 degrees, reducing operator neck strain and fatigue when working on high-reach jobs. The Volvo telematics system — CareTrack — comes standard for three years.
For more information, call 717/532-9181 or visit www.volvo.com.