EY Announces Gregory J. Owens IronPlanet Chairman and CEO, as an Entrepreneur of The Year 2017 Award finalist in Northern California
📅 Wed May 17, 2017 - National Edition
EY today announced that Gregory J. Owens, IronPlanet Chairman and CEO, is a finalist for the Entrepreneur Of The Year 2017 Award in Northern California. The awards program, which is celebrating its 31st year, recognizes entrepreneurs who are excelling in areas such as innovation, financial performance and personal commitment to their businesses and communities. Owens was selected as a finalist by a panel of independent judges. Award winners will be announced at a special gala event on June 23rd at The Fairmont in San Jose, California.
“Fearlessly pursuing online innovation that benefits both buyers and sellers every day is our mission,” said Gregory J. Owens, IronPlanet Chairman and CEO. “It is a great distinction to be an EY Entrepreneur Of The Year Finalist, and I couldn't be more proud of the work we have done to help transform critical heavy equipment commerce around the world.”
The finalists are:
1. 8x8 Inc. | Bryan Martin, Chairman and Chief Technology Officer and Vikram Verma, CEO | San Jose, California
2. Ambarella | Fermi Wang, CEO | Santa Clara, California
3. App Annie | Bertrand Schmitt, CEO & co-founder | San Francisco, California
4. Big Switch Networks | Douglas Murray, Chief Executive Officer and Kyle Forster, Founder | Santa Clara, California
5. Bill.com | René Lacerte, CEO and founder | Palo Alto, California
6. C3 IoT | Thomas Siebel, CEO, Chairman, and Founder | Redwood City, California
7. Center for Learning and Autism Support Services, Inc. (CLASS) | Denise Pollard, President / Chief Executive Officer | San Mateo, California
8. CoverHound Inc. | Keith Moore, CEO & Executive Board Director | San Francisco, California
9. CrowdStrike | George Kurtz, President and CEO | Sunnyvale, California
10. Doximity | Jeff Tangney, CEO and Founder and Shari Buck, Co-Founder and Vice President of Product Management | San Francisco, California
11. Financial Technology Partners | Steven McLaughlin, Founder / CEO / Managing Partner | San Francisco, California
12. Five9 | Mike Burkland, President & CEO | San Ramon, California
13. hint Inc. | Kara Goldin, CEO | San Francisco, California
14. HotelTonight | Sam Shank, CEO | San Francisco, California
15. IronPlanet | Gregory Owens, Chairman and CEO | Pleasanton, California
16. Kateeva, Inc. | Conor Madigan, Chief Operating Officer, President & Co-Founder | Newark, California
17. Liftoff Mobile, Inc. | Mark Ellis, CEO | Palo Alto, California
18. Nevro Corp. | Rami Elghandour, President and CEO | Redwood City, California
19. Opendoor | Eric Wu, Founder and CEO | San Francisco, California
20. Peek Travel, Inc. | Ruzwana Bashir, CEO | San Francisco, California
21. SST, Inc./ShotSpotter | Ralph Clark, Chief Executive Officer | Newark, California
22. Tanium | David Hindawi, Executive Chairman & co-founder and Orion Hindawi, Chief Executive Officer & co-founder | Emeryville, California
23. Tradeshift, inc. | Christian Lanng, CEO, chairman, and co-founder | San Francisco, California
24. TRX FITNESS ANYWHERE LLC | Randal Hetrick, CEO/Founder | San Francisco, California
Now in its 31st year, the program has expanded to recognize business leaders in over 145 cities and more than 60 countries throughout the world.
Regional award winners are eligible for consideration in the Entrepreneur Of The Year National Awards. Award winners in several national categories, as well as the Entrepreneur Of The Year National Overall Award winner, will be announced at the Entrepreneur Of The Year National Awards gala in Palm Springs, California, November 18, 2017. The awards are the culminating event of the Strategic Growth Forum, the nation's most prestigious gathering of high-growth, market-leading companies. The Entrepreneur Of The Year National Overall Award winner moves on to compete for the World Entrepreneur Of The Year Award in Monaco in June 2018.
Founded and produced by EY, the Entrepreneur Of The Year Awards are nationally sponsored in the US by SAP America, Merrill Corporation and the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation.
In Northern California, regional Gold sponsors include SolomonEdwards; Silver sponsors include Big Picture Inc. and Chatham Financial.
For more information, visit www.ironplanet.com.