Isuzu Announces Details of All-New F-Series Truck
📅 Sat December 03, 2016 - National Edition
The FTR is slated to go into production at a new facility in Charlotte, Mich., in mid-2017.
Isuzu Commercial Truck of America Inc. announced key specifications of its all-new entry in the Class 6 medium-duty truck segment, the 2018 Isuzu FTR.
Among the highlights:
• 25,950 lbs. (11,770 kg) GVWR
• The FTR will be available in eight wheelbase lengths ranging from 152 to 248 in. (386 to 630 cm), accommodating bodies from 14 to 30 ft. (4.2 to 9 m) long
• The FTR is a dock height class 6 truck
• The turbocharged Isuzu 5.2 - L 4HK1-TC engine propelling the FTR will generate 215 hp and 520 lbs. - ft. of torque
• The engine will be mated to an Allison six-speed automatic transmission with power take-off (PTO) capability
• Dana axles will have capacities of 12,000 lbs. (5,443 kg) up front and 19,000 lbs. (8,618 kg) rear suspension
• Bridgestone or Continental 11R22.5 tires will be fitted to 22.5 by 8. 25 in. (57 by 21 cm) steel wheels
The FTR is slated to go into production at a new facility in Charlotte, Mich. in mid-2017.
When Isuzu announced the truck at NTEA's 2016 Work Truck Show in March, Shaun Skinner, president of Isuzu Commercial Truck of America, said, “This truck represents our vision of the future of the medium-duty truck industry. The overall concept of the FTR is to bring to our customers the next generation medium-duty low-cab-forward truck, one that features a clean, durable, highly-efficient four-cylinder engine and is the best Class 6 choice for urban pickup and delivery. The letters 'FTR' don't stand for 'future,' however this truck represents the future, and it will be here — soon.
For more information, call 866/441-9638 or visit www.isuzucv.com.