Komatsu America Corp. Introduces HD325-8, HD405-8 Off-Highway Trucks
📅 Mon June 12, 2017 - National Edition
Komatsu’s HD325-8 off-highway trucks are equipped with an EPA Tier IV Final certified engine and feature increased horsepower and a new Komatsu traction control system (KTCS) to achieve improved productivity. This model has a payload capacity of 40.3 tons (36.5 t) and replaces the HD325-7.
Komatsu America Corp.'s HD325-8 and HD405-8 off-highway trucks are equipped with an EPA Tier IV Final certified engine and feature increased horsepower and a new Komatsu traction control system (KTCS) to achieve improved productivity. These models have payload capacities of 40.3 tons (36.5 t) and 44.1 tons (40 t), respectively. They replace the HD325-7 and HD405-7 models.
The trucks' Komatsu SAA6D140E-7 engines have increased to a net 514 hp (383 kW). Fuel consumption is down for the HD325-8 by as much as 9 percent, and by as much as 6 percent for the HD405-8, compared to predecessors. Also, access is better, with sloped stairs and handrails in front, to replace the previous ladder configuration.
For HD325-8 and HD405-8 machines, Komatsu traction control system is now standard. KTCS automatically applies independent brake assemblies to achieve optimum traction in varying ground conditions. Because the system operates without the need for differential lock-up, steering performance is not compromised, according to the manufacturer.
Other new standard features for both truck models include a quiet 78 dB(A) cab, seven-inch, LCD color monitor, dedicated rearview monitor, fast-fill fuel system, and a premium heated and ventilated operator's seat with air suspension.
In addition, the tire size for the HD405-8 truck has been increased from 18.00 R33 to 21.00 R33, for extended wear properties.
“The updated truck models retained their industry leading steering performance and retarding capacity for maximum production,” said Rob McMahon, product marketing manager of Komatsu America. “The addition of Komatsu's latest fuel saving technologies and the all-new cab, lower the cost to maximize production and significantly enhance operator comfort at the same time.”
Tier IV Final Certified Engine Technology
• The SAA6D140E-7 engine provides a gross power rating of 518 hp (386 kW).
• The hydraulically actuated exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) and variable geometry turbocharger (VGT) ensure precise operation and quick engine response.
• Maintenance of Tier IV Final engines is simplified with enhanced monitor panel capability and service features.
• KOMTRAX and the monitor panel provide critical information for easy monitoring and key data for production management.
• Komatsu diesel particulate filter (KDPF) and selective catalytic reduction (SCR) are designed in conjunction with the engine for efficiency and long life.
• More than 98 percent of KDPF regeneration is performed passively, with no action required of the operator and no interference with machine operation.
• Power and economy modes allow the operator to optimize the performance required for operation.
New In-Cab Enhancements/Features
• Air-suspension, high-back, ventilated and heated seat softens machine vibrations for added operator comfort and cast frame members increase strength.
• Seven-inch, full color, high resolution monitor delivers a sharp picture and vivid colors, even in harsh light.
• Komatsu auto idle shutdown can reduce idle time and save fuel.
• Separate, full color, rearview monitor with improved line-of-sight.
• Pioneering KOMTRAX telematics system and monitor provide key machine metrics, including KDPF status and fuel consumption. Performance information can be collected and sorted by operator ID.
• Auxiliary jack and two 12 volt ports.
• New angled front access stairs with handrails are now standard for both sides of the machine.
• Tight turning radius with MacPherson strut front suspension.
• Hydropneumatic suspension system for a smooth ride.
• Komatsu traction control system (KTCS) automatically provides optimum traction in all ground conditions without operator input.
• Komatsu advanced transmission with optimum modulation control system (K-ATOMiCS) adjusts shifting performance according to demand for a more comfortable ride and reduced material spillage.
• Automatic retard speed control (ARSC) automatically maintains a selected downhill travel speed (rather than engine RPM) that is appropriate for the grade.
• Enhanced Komatsu integrated payload meter (PLM) data is available on the machine monitor and remotely via the web.
• New ground level accessible battery box for easy maintenance.
The HD325-8 and HD405-8 are covered by the Komatsu CARE program for the first three years or 2,000 hours, whichever comes first. Komatsu CARE for these models includes complimentary scheduled engine maintenance and two complimentary Komatsu diesel particulate filter exchanges in the first five years. Komatsu CARE lowers ownership costs, raises resale value and improves equipment uptime and availability. For full program details, refer to the Komatsu CARE reimbursement letter.
For more information, visit www.komatsuamerica.com.