Ritchie Bros. Holds Two-Day Sale in Fort Worth, Texas
More than 4,200 people from more than 55 countries registered to bid in the unreserved auction.
📅 Mon October 03, 2016 - West Edition #20
Leslie Cain, Cain Services in San Marcos, Texas, checks out this Cat 928H loader.
With thousands of buyers from around the world participating in Ritchie Bros.' eighth Texas auction of the year, Ritchie Bros. sold more than 4,400 equipment items and trucks for more than $54 million over two days in Fort Worth from Sept 21 to 22, 2016.
More than 4,200 people from more than 55 countries registered to bid in the unreserved auction, including more than 2,900 online bidders. Out-of-state and international buyers from as far away as Australia, Italy and Vietnam purchased 50 percent of the equipment. Online buyers purchased 47 percent (more than $26 million) of the equipment.
“We had very good attendance with steady sales across the board,” said Bill Hogan, regional sales manager, Ritchie Bros. “We saw an uptick in wheel loaders while boom trucks also did very well. Lifting and material handling had a very good day, with a couple of late-model German cranes that sold for over a million dollars each. We're pleased that we were able to attract local and global buyers while delivering solid results for consignors.”
Ritchie Bros. sold equipment for 519 owners. Highlights included more than 320 truck tractors, more than 50 trailers, 100 excavators, more than 115 skid steers, more than 85 forklifts, more than 80 loader backhoes, 80 compactors, more than 35 dozers, more than 40 flatbed trucks, 20 boom trucks, more than 10 cranes and much more.
Specific sales highlights:
• Two 2014 Liebherr all-terrain cranes sold for a combined $2.355 million
• A 2007 Atlas Copco RD20 III truck-mounted drill sold for $375,000
• A 2015 JMAC portable frac pump sold for $370,000
• Four 2014 DMS Magnum 2500Q portable frac pumps sold for a combined $1.077 million
• Three 2013 Peterbilt 367 Tri/A boom trucks sold for a combined $572,500
• Four 2012 Peterbilt 367 Tri/A boom trucks sold for a combined $707,500
• A 2015 Komatsu PC360LC-10 hydraulic excavator sold for $170,000
Ritchie Bros.' next auction in Texas will take place on Nov. 9 to 10, 2016 in Houston.
For more information, visit rbauction.com.