Students completing the John Deere career partnership program received Associate of Applied Science Degrees in John Deere Construction & Forestry Technology on June 9, 2011, from Southeast Community College. The program is specifically designed to prepare the individual for trouble shooting and repair of construction equipment; graduates are guaranteed job placement at a sponsoring dealership location.
Graduates & sponsoring dealership locations included:
• Steve Bucholz, Murphy Tractor & Equipment Co. Inc., North Platte, Neb.
• Dylan Jindra, Murphy Tractor & Equipment Co. Inc., Lincoln, Neb.
• Lucas Metcalf, Murphy Tractor & Equipment Co. Inc., Springfield, Mo.
• Nick Ohrstrom, Murphy Tractor & Equipment Co. Inc., Kansas City, Mo.
• Jeren Scheer, Murphy Tractor & Equipment Co. Inc., Wichita, Kan.
The graduation ceremony and recognition dinner to honor the graduates was held at the Milford, Neb., campus. Nick Ohrstrom presented the class response at the dinner. Rich Fawson, general service manager, Murphy Tractor & Equipment Co. Inc., presented Dylan Jindra with an award for perfect attendance. Southeast Community College guests included Lyle Neal, campus director; Keith Tempel, instructor; Denise Roth, transportation secretary; Bill Vocasek, program chair; and Glen Williams, transportation dean.
Murphy Tractor and Equipment Company Inc., one of John Deere’s largest North American construction equipment dealer organizations, is headquartered in Wichita, Kan. The organization has 26 locations throughout the mid-western states of Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Nebraska.
For more information, visit www.murphytractor.com.