John DalBianco (L), national sales manager of Prime Tech, and Giorgio Carera, CEO of FAE, have a look at the new PT-175 wood mulcher.
ICUEE 2015, the International Construction and Utility Equipment Exposition, set a show record as the largest ever with more than 18,000 registered attendees and surpassing the last show by 13 percent.
ICUEE 2015 was held Sept. 29 to Oct. 1, at the Kentucky Exposition Center in Louisville, Ky. Registrants came from all 50 states, nine of the 10 Canadian provinces and more than 60 other countries worldwide.
The 2015 show set records for exhibit space and number of exhibitors. More than 950 exhibitors, including more than 250 companies new to the show, took more than 1.2 million net sq. ft. of exhibit space to showcase their latest equipment and product innovations and conduct numerous live demonstrations and hands-on opportunities.
“This is our most comprehensive ICUEE ever, and there has been tremendous enthusiasm and interaction among attendees and exhibitors from day one, when the official Kentucky Derby bugler opened the show,” said Sara Truesdale Mooney, show director.
“Attendees are finding more companies, product innovations and product demos—plus quality networking with industry experts and peers that really increases the value of the show,” said Mooney.
ICUEE also is known as “The Demo Expo” and is the largest event for the utility industry, owned and produced by the Association of Equipment Manufacturers (AEM).
New Features Enhance Experience
• New Heroes Day (last day of show) to recognize the importance of utility professionals and salute military vererans with a benefit auction and other events;
• New ICUEE Benefit Auction aimed at connecting military veterans with quality jobs, including in the utility/construction industry, with all auction proceeds going to The Call of Duty Endowment;
• New Young Professionals networking event bringing together up-and-coming industry leaders to share ideas and build relationships for the future;
• New Demo Derby app game and new Pedometer Challenge to enhance the show experience and networking, and help connect exhibitors and attendees; and
• Improved transportation upgrades, more places to relax and recharge and more information and assistance to make it easier to get around at the show.
Hands-On Demos, Quality Industry Education
New to the show floor, the AGC Technology & Business Solutions pavilion and China exhibits pavilion joined fleet management, green utility and iP safety pavilions. The Ride & Drive test track (for on-road equipment and technologies) and indoor Demo Stage complemented the extensive in-booth exhibitor product demos.
ICUEE 2015 education focused on a broad scope of topics inspired by the industry’s hottest topics and presented by industry experts.
Industry groups delivering education at ICUEE 2015:
• Associated General Contractors of America (AGC)
• Association of Equipment Management Professionals (AEMP)
• Common Ground Alliance (CGA)
• Incident Prevention (iP)/Utility Business Media
• National Commission for the Certification of Crane Operators (NCCCO)
• North American Society for Trenchless Technology (NASTT)
• Underground Construction Technology (UCT)
Today's top stories