AGC of Minnesota held its 90th Annual Meeting Jan. 15 at the Hyatt Regency Minneapolis.
The event featured Keynote speaker Jack Uldrich, futurist, best-selling author and president of The NanoVeritas Group, MnDOT Bridge Awards and exhibitor showcases.
Additionally, the meeting also included honoring two distinguished individuals who were recognized by their peers for their outstanding contributions and commitment to their communities and the construction industry. The Skill-Responsibility-Integrity Award was presented to Robert J. Cutshall Jr., vice president of Ryan Companies US, Inc., located in downtown Minneapolis.
The prestigious Lifetime Achievement Award was presented to an AGC of Minnesota member for only the eighth time. The recipient, Joseph C. Weis, is chairman emeritus of Weis Builders, Inc., headquartered in Minneapolis but begun by John Weis, Mr. Weis’ father, in Rochester.
During the meeting, the following were named officers and directors for 2009:
• Kenneth Styrlund, JE Dunn Construction North Central (chair)
• David Lenss, Graham Construction Services Inc. (vice-chair)
• Michael Welch, Ulland Brothers Inc. (secretary-treasurer)
• Steven Hall, Hardrives Inc. (past chair)
• Tim Crennen, Knife River
• Dick Dentinger, B&D Associates, Inc.
• Dan Etzel, Cobb Strecker Dunphy & Zimmermann Inc.
• Brian Maki, Lakehead Constructors Inc.
• Brian Mathiowetz, The Mathiowetz Construction Company
• Gary Sauer, Tiller Corporation
• Rachel Seykora, Cemstone Products Company
• Tom Sloan, PCi Roads
• Ken Sorensen, Mortenson Construction
• Dean Thomson, Fabyanske, Westra, Hart & Thomson, PA.
Today's top stories