Georgia Utility Contractors Association Inc. (GUCA) hosted the 2005 Larry S. McReynolds Memorial Golf Tournament Sept. 19 at the Orchard Hills Golf Club in Newnan, GA.
Proceeds from the fundraising tournament will benefit the GUCA’s Education and Scholarship programs as well as the NUCA Foundation for Education and Research. To date, GUCA has given more than $80,000 in scholarships to construction programs in Georgia as a result of this tournament.
More than 280 players attended the event, making this GUCA’s most successful golf tournament to date. This year’s event was divided into two separate tournaments with 34 registered teams in the morning and 38 registered teams in the afternoon.
The morning tournament winners were:
• Third place — Brian Brandstetter, Rain for Rent; Eddie Moore, EPR, Inc.; and Daryl Macy, Rain for Rent
• Second place — Tim Vanegmond, Mainline Supply of Jonesboro Inc.; Jeff Kitchens, Reynolds Inc.; Dustin Baker, Centex Homes; and Lane Hale, Mainline Supply of Jonesboro Inc.
• First place — Danny Clark, Stafford Tractor Co.; Brian Collins, Stafford Tractor Co.; Allan Maughon, Stafford Tractor Co.; and, Danny Cook, JCO Enterprises with a score of 53.
The afternoon tournament winners were:
• Third place — Bow Still, Tindall Corporation; Craig Bradford, Tindall Corporation; and Mike Osburn, Brent Scarbrough & Company, Inc.
• Second place — Mark Accetturo, Reynolds Inc.; Peter Johns, Wiedeman & Singleton; John Lewandowski, Price Brothers Company; and David Ard, Valiant Steel & Equipment, Inc.
• First place — William Jones, Consolidated Pipe & Supply Co. Inc.; Tony Spivey, Perfection Corp.; Russell Loyd, Walthall Oil Co.; and Jack Loyd, Accurate Test Inc. with a score of 52.
The overall winning team for the tournament was William Jones, Consolidated Pipe & Supply Co. Inc.; Tony Spivey, Perfection Corp.; Russell Loyd, Walthall Oil Co.; and Jack Loyd, Accurate Test Inc.
The closest to the pin winners for the morning tournament were Tim Vanegmond, Mainline Supply of Jonesboro Inc.; Billy Brice Jr., ASC Construction Equipment USA Inc.; and Steve Hanley, United Rentals Trench Safety.
The winner of longest drive for the morning tournament was Danny Clark, Stafford Tractor Co.
The closest to the pin winners for the afternoon were Steve Payne, Winter Construction; Travis Linville, DeKalb Pipeline Company; and Charles Allender, Richard Harp Excavation Inc.
The winner of the longest drive for the afternoon tournament was Craig Bradford, Tindall Corporation.
The putting green contest winner was Scot Clark, Pec Development Group.
The GUCA Golf Tournament was planned and organized by the 2005-2006 GUCA Golf Committee: Chairman Ted Blackhurst, Premier Utilities & Services Inc.; Jay Andrade, Godwin Pumps of America; David Ard, Valiant Steel & Equipment Inc.; Brian Brandstetter, Rain for Rent; Mack Brice, ASC Construction Equipment USA Inc.; Kevin Cruikshank, METRAC; Jerry Davis, Kirschner & Associates P.C.; Jeff Duncan, Tractor & Equipment Company; Lee Jarvis, Southeastern Clearing Systems LLC; John Lewandoski, Price Brothers Company; Brantley Madebach, White Horse Contractor Financial Advisors; Andy Roach, United Rentals Trench Safety; and Dee Stanley, Reynolds Inc.
Today's top stories