Ted Cook, co-owner/vice president, Ventura Rental Center, Ventura, Calif., has been elected as ARA’s incoming president-elect.
The American Rental Association (ARA) election results are now final. Following are the newly elected ARA Board members for 2010:
• Incoming President-Elect: Ted Cook, co-owner, Ventura Rental Center, Ventura, Calif.
• Associate Member Director-Elect: Joe Jabbour, national sales manager, Doosan Infracore Portable Power, Statesville, N.C.
• Region Two Director-Elect: Alan Wismer, owner, George’s Tool Rental, Hatfield, Pa.
• Region Nine Director-Elect: Sherri Creighton, president/owner, Pleasanton Rentals, Pleasanton, Calif.
• Region Three Director Ben Cooke, manager, Cooke Rentals, Mount Airy, N.C., who was elected last fall to fill a partial term from September 2008 to February 2010, ran unopposed in this election and has received a full vote of confidence from the members to serve an additional three-year term.
“As a membership organization, ARA depends on members stepping forward to volunteer their time in leadership positions within the organization,” said Christine Wehrman, ARA’s executive vice president and CEO. ”We are greatly appreciative to all of the members who agreed to be candidates for election to the ARA board. As well, it is rewarding to see the interest demonstrated by members in making selections for these board positions by participating in the election process. The ARA board of director members takes their responsibility seriously in representing the ARA general and associate membership and strives to represent their interests responsibly in their deliberations and decisions.”
President-Elect Hal Roe has named Paul Phelon to the board position of General Tool & Equipment Services Shared Interest Group (SIG) chairman for a three-year term to follow Ron Jackson, who will complete his board term at that time. Phelon is president of Timp Rental Center in Orem, Utah, an ARA member since 1992. He previously served two years as a member of the General Tool & Equipment Services SIG.
Roe also has made his appointment of directors to serve alongside the three officers on the 2010 executive committee. They are Region Eight Director Mike Blaisdell of Bunce Rental in Tacoma, Wash., and Construction & Industrial Services SIG Randall Hardy of Construction Rental in Salina, Kan.
Terms of service for the newly-elected officer, directors-elect and incoming executive committee members will begin Feb. 10, 2010 — the final day of The Rental Show, when the following directors will complete their terms on the board: Associate Member Director Clay Eubanks of Takeuchi in Pendergrass, Ga.; Region Two Director David VanDenburgh of Adams Rental & Sales in Trenton, N. J.; and General Tool & Equipment Services SIG Jackson of All Purpose Rental & Sales in Greeley, Col. John Crabbe Jr., CERP, of Vermont Tent Co. in South Burlington, Vt., current chairman of the board, also will complete his term at that time. Current president Buddy Stubbs of Busylad in Tupelo, Miss., will transition to the office of chairman of the board; current president-elect Roe of Bradley Rentals in Cleveland, Tenn., will transition to the office of president; and Cook will complete his term as region nine director and assume the office of president-elect.
Today's top stories