Arnold Machinery Company celebrated the grand opening of its St. George, Utah, branch Feb. 1. Several million dollars of equipment were on display, consisting of Volvo loaders, motorgraders, excavators, articulated trucks, compact construction equipment, and Hyster forklifts.
There were more than 300 guests in attendance and lunch was provided from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Caps, t-shirts, footballs, pens, and equipment models were available for those that wanted them.
This grand opening was Arnold Machinery’s second attempt in establishing the company in St. George. The Material Handling Division had tried establishing resident service technicians but were unable to acquire the proper personnel. As a result, Hyster customers were covered out of Salt Lake City, Utah, and Las Vegas, Nev.
Population growth in Utah allowed Arnold Machinery to commit to this market. The building is approximately 10,000 sq. ft. with separate sales, service, and parts departments for the two divisions. Rental of equipment also will be a part of the branch’s offerings.
Arnold Machinery, a privately held company, was incorporated in Salt Lake City, Utah, in 1929 and is celebrating its 78th year of business in 2007.
Al Richer, Arnold Machinery’s chairman of the board, purchased controlling interest in the Company in 1985.
Today's top stories