The American Road & Transportation Builders Association Transportation Development Foundation (ARTBA-TDF) this week launched a new Safety Learning Management System, to give safety professionals, traffic engineers and roadway construction workers free, 24/7 access to high-quality training and education from the convenience of their desktop computers.
For over a decade, ARTBA-TDF has provided specialized, in-person safety training to more than 70,000 transportation construction industry professionals.
Now, the foundation, through a cooperative agreement with the U.S. Federal Highway Administration, has taken key components of that classroom content, added a wide range of new material on key topics, and created an online education environment.
Available courses include:
• Temporary traffic control set up;
• Sight distances in work zones;
• Developing internal traffic control plans;
• Developing transportation management plans for work zones;
• Work zone safety and mobility improvement strategies;
• Temporary traffic control devices;
• Fundamentals of work zone safety for seasonal and temporary workers; and more
A webinar tutorial is available on the ARTBA website. Users can register for training as well.
Today's top stories