List and Sell Your Equipment  /  Dealer Login  /  Create Account

Concord Reaches Agreement on 100-Year-Old Bridge Project

The deal will allow Concord to build the new bridge and eventually be reimbursed as promised by the federal government.

Wed May 20, 2015 - Northeast Edition
Construction Equipment Guide


Image courtesy of Wikipedia.  Officials say funding is in place for the long-awaited demolition and replacement of Concord’s 100-year-old Sewalls Falls Bridge.
Image courtesy of Wikipedia. Officials say funding is in place for the long-awaited demolition and replacement of Concord’s 100-year-old Sewalls Falls Bridge.

CONCORD, N.H. (AP) Officials say funding is in place for the long-awaited demolition and replacement of Concord’s 100-year-old Sewalls Falls Bridge.

The Concord Monitor reported City Manager Tom Aspell and the New Hampshire Department of Transportation came to an agreement over stalled funding for the project May 11. The deal will allow Concord to build the new bridge and eventually be reimbursed as promised by the federal government.

A grant from the federal Highway Trust Fund will pay $10 million. That’s 80 percent of the cost. The city will pay the remaining 20 percent.

The state will immediately allocate $5.5 million of the federal grant to cover work scheduled for 2015.

For 2016 and beyond, the city can finish construction and spend the remaining $4.5 million, which will be reimbursed.




Today's top stories

Industry Ready to Dive Into Infrastructure Projects After Bill Passes

Maryland Rebuilds Vital Transportation Hub

Komatsu Adds Smart Construction Drone, Smart Construction Field to Suite of Job Site Solutions

Crews Begin $3.4B San Diego Airport Terminal Project

The Next Level of Snow Clearing: Choosing a Snow-Worthy Compact Track Loader

JLG Launches New Bluetooth Enabled Analyzer, Analyzer Reader for Scissor Lifts Equipped with Mobile Control Module

Terex Utilities Introduces Auger Tools for Digger Derricks, Compact Equipment

Cat 120 GC Motor Grader Combines Reliable Performance, Low Cost-Per-Hour Operation








ceg-logo ceg-logo ceg-logo ceg-logo ceg-logo