Walsh Equipment / A Stephenson Equipment Company in the News
About Walsh Equipment
Walsh Equipment was founded in 1932 by Phillip Walsh. Originally in the corrugated metal pipe industry, the company's product lines expanded to meet municipal, construction, highway, agricultural and paving needs following World War II.In the 1960s, snow removal equipment, road signs and tractor loader backhoes were added, followed by Tiger Roadside Mowing Products in the 1970s.
Compaction equipment was added in the 1980s when Phillip Walsh's son Mike, took over the business. Mike also added LeeBoy paving products and Western Snow Plows to the company's line-up. In 2002, Walsh became a JCB dealer (https://www.constructionequipmentguide.com/walsh-equipment-appointed-jcb-dealer/2535)and expanded its offerings again, now including tandem drum rollers, compactors, telehandlers, skid steers, backhoes and more.
J&J TruckBodies and Trailers were added in 2009 (https://www.constructionequipmentguide.com/walsh-equipment-named-jandj-truck-bodies-dealer/13683)
Becoming a Stephenson Equipment Company
Walsh Equipment was acquired by Stephenson Equipment in 2017. The partnership extended Stephenson's operations to six locations in Pennsylvania along with its two locations in New York. Walsh, operating as a division of SEI, continues to serve customers out of the two Walsh locations in Pennsylvania (Prospect and Lilly). Learn more about the acquisition by reading Stephenson Equipment Inc. Acquires Walsh Equipment, found at https://www.constructionequipmentguide.com/stephenson-equipment-inc-acquires-walsh-equipment/35610
Construction Equipment Lines