The first ever BaumaChina was held in Shanghai from Nov. 5 to 8. The four-day event attracted 457 exhibitors and more than 30,000 visitors from 58 countries.
Geared toward the expanding Chinese and Far East market, BaumaChina 2002 featured a wide array of exhibits that included:
• excavators, loaders, graders and bulldozers;
• construction vehicles, building equipment and tools;
• lifting and conveying equipment;
• compressors, pneumatic and hydraulic tools;
• compaction equipment for earthworks and highway construction;
• plant and machinery for recycling materials; and
• drills, pile drivers and pulling tools, canal construction and maintenance systems and conduit construction systems.
U.S. companies in attendance included Ditch Witch, Vermeer Manufacturing, MultiQuip, Ground Heaters Inc., Lincoln Industrial, Costex Tractor Parts, Besser Company, and American Crane & Tractor Parts Inc.
The next Bauma show in Munich, Germany, will be held in 2004 at the New Munich Trade Fair Center from March 29 to April 4. And due to the success of this year’s show in Shanghai, BaumaChina also will be held in 2004.
For more information, call 312/377-2650.