Tom Cleveland, president and CEO of H.O. Penn Machinery Company Inc., turned the first shovel full of earth for a new facility at a groundbreaking ceremony on June 20, 2003.
Rob Cleveland, H.O. Penn engine product support manager, assisted in the ceremony for the building of a 28,000-sq.-ft. total sales, parts and service facility on 35 acres in Wallkill, NY, which will be devoted to serving Sullivan, Ulster, Orange and Rockland county customers in the construction, trucking, marine and power generation industries.
The new location is off exit 118, Route17 West and exit 116, Route 17 East on Bloomingberg Road. The new building, expected to be completed at the end of 2003, will service the West Side of the Hudson River.
The building will consist of two stories, including sales, parts, service and offices. The service area will be 8,000 sq. ft. with six service bays, to ensure prompt and efficient handling of repair work brought to the facility. The parts warehouse, consisting of 6,400 sq. ft., will be stocking a vast array of Caterpillar parts and commodities and 12,200 sq. ft. will be used for offices, showroom and storage.
H.O. Penn, incorporated in 1923 and a Caterpillar dealer since 1933, has a territory covering lower New York and all of Connecticut. H.O. Penn currently has four full-service facilities: Holtsville, NY, servicing all of Long Island; Bronx, NY, servicing New York City and parts of Westchester County; Poughkeepsie, NY, servicing upper Westchester, Putnam and Dutchess Counties; and Newington, CT, servicing the entire State of Connecticut.
Penn Rents, The Cat Rental Store, is H.O. Penn’s newest facility located in Hartford, CT. The store rents, sells and services a vast range of tools and equipment to help service contractors, landscapers and many other industries.