Allied construction Products LLC’s Hy-Ram HR Series hydraulic impact hammer has “streetwise” attributes like an oil and gas operation that increases efficiency, a longer piston stroke for higher impact power and an auto-stop system to prevent “blank firing.”
Allied has combined performance, efficiency and reliability in its all-new boom-mounted Hy-Ram impact hammer.
With continuous improvements over the years, the Allied Hy-Ram still uses the same simple, proven design that first gained industry-wide acceptance for the hydraulic hammer concept, according to the manufacturer.
Oil and Gas Operation
One of the many features that contribute to the efficiency of the Allied Hy-Ram is the oil and gas operation. The Allied design of gas-assist using low pressure nitrogen improves the efficiency by reducing demand on the carrier’s hydraulic system. There is no dependency on hydraulic accumulators. The accumulators are merely used to eliminate hydraulic “spikes.” And, pressurized oil is always present at the bottom of the piston, which prevents internal cavitation.
Another feature that contributes to the reliability of the Allied Hy-Ram is the long-stroke design, which minimizes recoil, reduces vibration and eliminates mechanical springs, according to the manufacturer.
The Allied medium and large Hy-Rams also have an automatic Auto-Stop feature that prevents blank-firing once the demolition tool has penetrated through the material being broken and downpressure is no longer applied.
Durable Housing Design
The Allied Hy-Rams feature a durable housing design that suspends the internal working body inside a full-box enclosure to protect the hammer, reduce noise and minimize vibration and wear to the carrier. The durable housing design is enclosed at the bottom and incorporates a heavy-duty Hardox rock claw.
HyRams also can have an optional AutoLube mounted on the hammer housing, which is an automatic lubrication system that dispenses lubricant by the hammer’s vibration. The AutoLube uses a high-grade chisel paste in handy replaceable cartridges.
The Hy-Ram, which operates off of the carrier’s hydraulic system, requires an installation kit in order to be mounted on the backhoe/loader, excavator or similar carrier. Allied offers more than 2,500 installation kits to fit virtually every make and model carrier.
The advantages of the all-new Hy-Rams include:
• Full-box enclosure protects hammer and reduces noise
• Shock-absorbing polyurethane acoustical inserts increase carrier endurance
• Larger gas chamber ensures higher impact power
• Autocontrol automatically regulates blow energy and frequency (HR 150 through HR 1200)
• Main Internal Control Valve System with large oil circuit generates low heat and operates with high-efficiency
• Autogrease system eliminates the need for manual greasing (HR 200 through HR 1200)
• Accumulator reduces stress on hydraulic components (HR 75 and larger)
• Durable housing incorporating heavy-duty rock claw (Hardox)
• Dual retainer bars extend retainer and tool life
• Long-stroke maximizes energy and minimizes recoil
• Heat-treated tool for longer life
The large, medium, small and mini-size Hy-Ram models are available in 12 different models ranging from working weights of 265 to 8,375 lbs. (120 to 3,799 kg) and tool diameters of 1.77 to 6.88 in. (4.5 to 17 cm).
For more information, call 216/431-2600 or visit www.AlliedCP.com.
Today's top stories