Corey Gadway (L) of CD Equipment and Austin Rodriguez of T.A.M. Investments were interested in bidding on some lifts.
More than 3,350 bidders participated online and in person at Ritchie Bros.' multi-million dollar unreserved public equipment auction March 17 in North East, Md.
Bidders came from 48 countries, including all 50 U.S. states. Approximately 84 percent of the equipment in the auction was sold to out-of-state buyers, from as far away as Egypt, Thailand and the United Arab Emirates. Online bidders purchased approximately 38 percent of the equipment sold (by dollar value).
More than 3,000 equipment items and trucks were sold in the auction, including 95 excavators, 60-plus loaders, more than 30 dozers, 50-plus dump trucks, more than 145 truck tractors, and 195-plus trailers, and more.
Sales highlights included:
• 10 International 5500I PayStar dump trucks sold for a combined $870,000
• A 2014 Caterpillar 938K wheel loader sold for $177,500
• A 2014 Caterpillar 320EL hydraulic excavator sold for $155,000
• An unused 2015 Doosan DX225LC hydraulic excavator sold for $152,500
• A 2011 John Deere 850K WLT crawler tractor sold for $135,000
For more information, please visit www.rbauction.com.