John Deere informational banners on display for customers.
Murphy Tractor & Equipment Co., Inc., hosted an Equipment Demonstration at its Fort Dodge, Iowa, location on July 10. The event was held to provide demonstrations of John Deere equipment and give more information to customers about how they can keep their equipment running its best. Some of the information provided included:
• JDLink — Built-in technology that allows customers to access information about the location and performance of their machines. It also provides data such as: machine hours, maintenance reminders, diagnostic codes and much more.
• Fleet Care — This service interprets machine data and allows customers to increase machine availability, significantly lower their operating costs and avoid downtime in the future.
• Service Advisor Remote — Allows Murphy Tractor to connect remotely to customer’s machines for diagnostic trouble codes, record performance data and update software without requiring a job site visit.
• Topcon — The world’s largest company focused exclusively on positioning control and machine control products, software, and applications for the survey, civil engineering, construction and agriculture industries.
• Loadrite — A world leader in onboard weighing and material management for scales on wheel loaders. Loadrite products have grown to new systems like excavator, conveyor belt and garbage truck scales and can help increase profitability and improve operational efficiency.
“We had a great turnout for our technology day. Customers were able to operate a John Deere 650K dozer with a Topcon GPS system installed. Representatives from Star Equipment were on hand to answer questions about Topcon’s line of grade control products. Several people took the opportunity to run our John Deere 744K loader through its paces. The loader was equipped with an EPS-embedded payload scale available as a factory option on K-Loaders. A representative from Loadrite Midwest was in attendance to discuss the differences between the EPS and the more advanced Loadrite Pro scales they have available. Customers were not only able to see the productivity tracking feature of the EPS but also the equally impressive payload management system on the 300D series II articulated dump truck that the 744K was loading into,” said Tom Smith, branch manager.
Murphy Tractor and Equipment Co. Inc., one of John Deere’s largest North American construction equipment dealer organizations, is headquartered in Park City, Kan. The organization has 28 locations throughout the mid-western states of Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Nebraska.
For more information, visit www.murphytractor.com.