ODOT anticipates the start, continuation and completion of approximately 750 projects in 2007. Below are highlights of projects around the Buckeye State.
Close to 475 resurfacing and maintenance projects are scheduled for 2007. All are aimed at providing the best-maintained highway system possible. Highlights include:
• Resurfacing and bridge repairs on I-75 in Allen and Hancock counties.
• I-480: major rehabilitation in Cuyahoga County between Tuxedo and the Valley View Bridge.
• I-70 resurfacing, rehabilitation and landslide repair in Belmont County.
• I-77 four-lane resurfacing project in Washington County.
• U.S. 35/U.S. 23 four-lane resurfacing at the Chillicothe bypass in Ross County.
Projects Wrapping Up
Several major multi-year improvement projects also will wrap up construction this season. Highlights include:
• Construction of the Veterans’ Glass City Skyway Bridge over the Maumee River in Lucas County.
• U.S. 30: Construction of 26 mi. (42 km) of limited-access, four-lane highway on a new alignment in Hancock and Wyandot counties. Completes upgrade of U.S. 30 from Indiana state line to Canton.
• Rehabilitation and widening of I-71 in Medina and Richland counties. Three of four major work zones will wrap up this season.
• Rehabilitation and widening of I-77 from Canton to Akron. Three of five major work zones will wrap up this season.
Major reconstruction of SR161 interchanges at I-270 and Sunbury Rd. (NExT) in Franklin County.
Major Projects Beginning
More than 80 major projects to improve the state’s infrastructure are planned or will be under way in 2007. Highlights include:
• Rehabilitation and widening of pavement and 28 bridges on I-275 in Hamilton County from just east of Winton Rd. to just east of U.S. 42.
• Widening and major reconstruction of I-271 in Cuyahoga County between Lander Rd. and the eastern corporation limit of Mayfield Hts.
• Improvements on SR 8 between SR 303 and I-271 in Summit County.
• U.S. 24: Construction of a four-lane highway on a new alignment from Indiana state line to SR 424 in Paulding, Defiance and Henry counties.
• Reconstruction, widening and improvement of I-75/SR 4 interchange in Montgomery County.