The Power Curber 5700-C is a compact, versatile slipform paving machine that handles concrete curb-and gutter, barrier, sidewalk and special applications.
It will slipform barrier or parapet up to 50 in. (127 cm) tall in the offset position. A low center of gravity and balanced weight-to-size ratio make the 5700-C ideal for barrier, according to the manufacturer.
The machine is equipped with a standard swivel chute for pouring in a single traffic lane. This means that the concrete truck can be lined up in front of the machine, instead of to the side. This saves time in tight pouring situations and in movement of trucks in and out of the job site, speeding curb production.
Other features include:
• The machine has the option of pouring from the right side, as well as the traditional left side.
• Water capacity onboard increases 50 percent — 132 gal. (500 L), compared to 88 gal. (333 L).
• Fuel capacity increases 25 percent — 66 gal. (250 L) compared to 49 gal. (185 L).
• The 5700-C offers a choice of control systems. The new electronic system offers the simplicity of an analog system with the features of a digital machine. The operator has greater flexibility for sensor adjustment. By looking at screens on the operator’s panel, the operator can determine if there is a cord problem, a sensor problem, or an amplifier problem and adjust quickly before a problem occurs in the curb.
• Machine maintenance and cleanup are keys to the 5700-C. The posts do not have to be removed from the 5700-C to replace bushings, which saves 3 to 4 hours per post of repair work and eliminates the need for a crane. Pumps and gear boxes are more accessible. Servo controls are within easy reach. The reverse engine design relocates the radiator to the center of the machine (away from the concrete), keeping it cleaner.
• The new computerized Cummins engine is quiet and fuel efficient.
Since its introduction in 1985, Power Curbers’ 5700 Series has been a market-leader in curb-and-gutter slip form machinery. The 5700-C is the fourth machine in the 5700 Series.