While everyone in business wants to make money, those in the rental industry have one show to attend next February, The Rental Show, Feb. 9-12 at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Fla.
This will mark the 58th annual convention and trade show for the American Rental Association, and the return to its most popular destination since 2010.
Highlights of The Rental Show 2014
• A full day of seminars, with 23 total educational sessions available throughout the show. Speakers include returning favorites like Steve Abercrombie, Don Hutson and David McBee, and seminar topics will focus on hiring, conflict resolution, social media, healthcare, finance and more. In addition, the popular Rental Town Halls will return, along with the “Wednesday Wake-Up Session” on The Rental Show’s final day.
• New construction education track for those in construction or general tool rental with seminars on Tier 4, DOT safety regulations and regulatory compliance.
• Keynote session with baseball icon Billy Beane, general manager of the Oakland Athletics, and subject of the movie “Moneyball.” Considered one of the most progressive and talented baseball executives in the game today, Beane has molded the A’s into a perennial postseason contender since becoming the general manager after the 1997 season. In his keynote, he will share his unforgettable underdog story, along with his winning leadership style of identifying undervalued assets to create and sustain a competitive advantage.
• Three days of trade show, with more than 625 exhibitors and the latest in construction, industrial, general tool, homeowner, party and special event rental equipment.
• “ARA’s Big Splash at SeaWorld,” a special evening exclusively for Show attendees and exhibitors at SeaWorld Orlando.
• Networking events including Lunch With ARA, regional receptions, the international reception and the ARA Foundation Charity Auction and Reception. The ARA Young Professionals Network Reception will be held for those between the ages of 18-40.
• Events & Tents on Sat. Feb. 8, with a full day of education and networking specifically for those in party and special event rental.
It includes a kickoff breakfast with a 2014 trends forecast; 16 educational sessions; a new lunchtime Inspiration Challenge design competition; a closing keynote session with celebrity wedding planner, author and wedding business consultant Susan Southerland; and a closing reception at Café Tu Tu Tango with its eclectic décor based on a Spanish artist’s loft.
• The chance to win $2,500. ARA members will receive a special Show-branded coin in the mail in late September to bring to the ARA Store on site in Orlando and enter into a drawing for $2,500.
There are 20 hotels available for The Rental Show through Travel Planners offering a variety of pricing and amenities. Complete details and online booking are available in the “Hotels and Travel” section at TheRentalShow.com.
Registration for attendees is now open, with a special Internet only rate of $119 available for a limited time.
The rate includes all three days of trade show, the keynote session and educational seminars on Feb. 9, 11 and 12, and is only available through Oct. 31.
Registration for the rental trade press also is available now — see the “Register” page at TheRentalShow.com for further information.
For more information visit ARArental.org
Today's top stories