Equipment was sold for more than 470 owners.
Ritchie Bros. conducted its largest Tipton, Calif., auction ever, selling more than 2,250 equipment items and trucks for more than $23 million on February 15.
A record 4,850+ online. U.S. buyers purchased approximately 90 percent of the equipment, including 60 percent purchased by California buyers, while international buyers from countries including France, Singapore and the United Arab Emirates purchased 10 percent of the equipment. Online buyers purchased 52 percent of the assets.
"With our sale last week occurring right at the back end of World Ag Expo we saw a nice uptick in attendees, resulting in strong pricing on what was the largest selection of equipment we've ever seen in Tipton," said Chad Apland, regional sales manager, Ritchie Bros. "We sold a record 270 farm tractors and saw excellent pricing on those, especially for the MFWD and four-wheel-drive tractors. We also saw solid pricing on the great lineup of transportation and construction assets.
"We signed up some nice packages of gear early this year so had lots of time to market it to potential buyers across the country and around the world. Those packages helped us build momentum and we were receiving equipment right up until sale day. We'd like to thank all the consignors and buyers who participated in this record-breaking sale."
Equipment was sold for more than 470 owners, including:
- Two 2014 Case IH Steiger 620HD 4WD tractors sold for a combined US$265,000
- A 2008 Caterpillar 613G elevating motor scraper that sold for $250,000
- A 2017 Volvo VNX64T300 T/A day cab heavy haul truck sold for $110,000
- A 2010 John Deere 4730 100-ft high-clearance sprayer sold for $110,000
Auction Quick Facts
- Total gross transactional value – $23+ million
- Amount sold to online bidders – $12+ million (52 percent)
- Total registered bidders (in person and online) – more than 4,850
- Registered online bidders – more than 3,400
- Total lots sold – more than 2,250
- Number of sellers – more than 470
Ritchie Bros. currently has more than 55,000 equipment items, trucks, and other assets listed for sale through its various marketplaces, including more than 13,500 items selling in the company's massive premier global auction this week in Orlando, Fla. The company's next onsite auction in Tipton will be held on May 14, 2019.
For a complete list of upcoming auctions and equipment available, visit www.rbauction.com and www.ironplanet.com.