ITA intends to identify and support a wide and diverse range of tunneling projects.
After a successful launch in 2015 (110 nominations,11 awards for projects and personalities), the International Tunneling and Underground Space Association is launching the second program for the ITA Tunneling Awards.
This event will take place in Singapore on the lOth and 11th of November 2016.ITA is now inviting nominations to this prestigious competition.
Profiling particularly outstanding achievements in underground infrastructure across the world through this competition, ITA intends to identify and support a wide and diverse range of tunneling projects,from huge-scale and large-budget infrastructure projects to more specific ground-breaking technical innovations.
Entries are under nine categories,namely:
• Major Tunneling Project of the Year - over €500m
• Tunneling Project of the Year- between €50m and €500m
• Outstanding Tunneling Project of the Year - up to €50m
• Renovation/Upgrading project of the Year
• Technical Innovation of the Year
• Environmental Initiative of the Year
• Safety Initiative of the Year
• Innovative Use of Underground Space
• Young Tunneler of the Year
Entries can be submitted until 30 May 2016. The submission requirements and selection process are stated in the ITA Tunneling Awards website (https:ijawards.ita-aites.org/). The finalists will be announced by mid-July 2016.
Today's top stories