Photo courtesy of The Rental Show. An overhead shot of the The 2012 Rental Show.
In Las Vegas, it’s all about increasing your odds — and the same holds true for The Rental Show, which will be held there next Feb. 10-13. Every aspect of the American Rental Association’s 57th annual convention and rental trade show is designed with one thing in mind: helping attendees make more money.
The Rental Show moves to a new venue for 2013, The Sands Expo and Convention Center, which is located in the center of the famous Las Vegas Strip. And while the new site provides new opportunities for dining and entertainment, the core factor of helping attendees be profitable remains the same.
“The Rental Show is right on the money for rental success,” said Allison Box, ARA senior administrative director of association services. “We’re using ’right on the money’ as the tagline for The Rental Show 2013 because it’s true — this is the show for people serious about profit. All elements of the show, from new rental products to fresh educational ideas from the seminars and relationships that develop in connecting with other rental business owners and suppliers, are designed to focus on making attendees more profitable.”
Highlights of the 2013 schedule include:
• A full day of 16 seminars on Sunday, Feb. 10, with topics that range from
industry updates to Tier IV engines and healthcare to being profitable in the new economy. Financial sessions with Steve Abercrombie also are on the agenda, as well as Internet marketing with David McBee. In addition, the rental town hall seminars return on Feb. 12. There also will be a new “Wednesday Wake-Up” session on Feb. 13 with Lt. Col. Rob “Waldo” Waldman.
• The keynote session featuring Captain Mark Kelly, who will share his story of courage and hope — from his space shuttle missions to his wife Gabrielle Giffords’ recovery from a January 2011 assassination attempt. His keynote address will touch on what he’s learned from his experiences including the importance of leadership and teamwork. The keynote session is sponsored by Ditch Witch.
• Three days of trade show, Feb. 11 to 13, with the latest rental equipment for construction/industrial, general tool/homeowner and party/special event businesses.
• New events including “A Night in Fabulous Las Vegas” at Harrah’s Las Vegas, which will transport you back to the Rat Pack’s vintage Vegas days, and the new ARA Young Professionals Network reception at FIRST Food and Bar that’s for rental professionals between the ages of 18 and 40 and their parents.
• Other popular networking events will return, such as Lunch With ARA, regional receptions, the international reception and the Reception With a Purpose featuring the ARA Foundation charity auction.
• Events & Tents will have a new full-day schedule on Feb. 9 and will include a Fabric Fashion Show that morning and a lunch session with wedding designer Sasha Souza, in addition to 16 seminars specifically for those in party/special event rental. A special reception will close out Events & Tents at Keep Memory Alive, a Frank Gehry-designed venue that supports the Cleveland Clinic’s Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health.
Registration for The Rental Show opened Sept. 5, on the show’s Web site, TheRentalShow.com. A special Internet-only registration rate of $119 per person for ARA members is available for a limited time. This rate is for full registration, which includes the seminars on Feb. 10, 12 and 13; the keynote session on Feb. 11; and the trade show Feb. 11-13.
For more information, call 800/334 or visit www.TheRentalShow.com.