Keystone Chapter, Associated Builders & Contractors Inc. (ABC), awarded 62 member companies for their commitment to safety at the annual Safety Awards, held recently, at the Yorktowne Hotel, York, PA.
ABC’s Safety Training & Evaluation Process (STEP) program recognizes the efforts of ABC members that strive to achieve effective safety practices at their firms and provides contractors with a tool to objectively evaluate their safety programs, policies, procedures and training.
Awards are based on data submitted via application and are based on the North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) that replaced the Standard Industrial Classification System (SIC) and OSHA recordables.
Awards range from bronze to platinum, with platinum being the highest level achievable. Among the many stringent guidelines to qualify for platinum status, a company has to:
• receive STEP Gold two consecutive years;
• submit an OSHA summary 300 log summarizing OSHA recordables;
• submit a statement from their insurance company that supports the STEP self-evaluation score; and
• have no fatalities or catastrophic incidents in the past three years, which results in OSHA citations.
Platinum membership provides a special certificate of recognition, automatic application for the ABC National Safety Excellence Award and participation in National ABC’s promotional campaign.
The following ABC Keystone members received the following ABC National awards:
• Benchmark Construction Co. Inc., Brownstown;
• Frey Lutz Corporation, Lancaster;
• Frey Mechanical Group Inc., Manheim;
• Hogg Construction Inc., York;
• Keystruct Construction Inc., York;
• B.R. Kreider & Son Inc., Manheim;
• R.S. Mowery & Sons Inc., Mechanicsburg;
• Richard D. Poole LLC, York;
• Paul Risk Associates Inc., Quarryville;
• S & S Structures Inc., Blandon;
• Wagman Construction, York; and
• Wohlsen Construction Co., Lancaster.
• Associated Products Services Inc., Mechanicsburg;
• R. G. Bortz Construction Co. Inc., Oley;
• Brubacher Excavating Inc., Bowmansville;
• C H & E Construction, Lancaster;
• Clark Inc., Paradise;
• Conewago Enterprises Inc., Hanover;
• James Craft & Son Inc., York Haven;
• Flyway Excavating Inc., Lititz;
• GEM Wall & Ceiling Contractors, Terre Hill;
• Gettle Inc., York;
• E. H. Gochnauer & Sons Inc., Lancaster;
• Handwerk Site Contractors, Hummelstown;
• Herr & Sacco Inc., Landisville;
• Horst Construction Co., Lancaster;
• Hursh Painting Co. Inc., Talmage;
• Johnston Construction Co., Dover;
• Robert H. Kepler Masonry Inc., Harrisburg;
• Kinsley Construction Inc., York;
• Martin Plastering Contractors, Terre Hill;
• H.B. McClure Company, Harrisburg;
• B & P Neal Enterprises Inc., Manheim;
• Pincus Elevator Co. Inc., West Chester;
• M. Potteiger Inc., York;
• Ragland Corporation, Birdsboro;
• Smucker Company, Smoketown;
• Tri-Boro Construction Supplies Inc., Dallastown;
• Vision Mechanical Inc., Reading;
• Walton & Company, York;
• Warfel Construction Co., Lancaster;
• Wenrich Painting Inc., Ephrata;
• Wickersham Construction and Engineering Inc., Lancaster;
• H.L. Wiker & Sons Inc., Lancaster; and
• Wilco Electric Inc., Columbia.
• ASCOM Inc., Dover;
• B. N. Excavating Inc., Marietta;
• B. J. Baldwin Electrical/Mechanical Inc., Narvon;
• Bortner Bros. Inc., York;
• Conestoga Buildings Prod. by C.B. Structures Inc., New Holland;
• John E. Fullerton Inc., Elizabethtown;
• Arthur Funk & Sons Inc., Lebanon;
• Galbraith/Pre-Design Inc., Carlisle;
• Garrety Glass Inc., York;
• Haller Enterprises Inc., Lititz;
• E.F. Martzall Inc., Reinholds;
• Quality Electrical Services Inc., Harrisburg;
• Lorne G. Seifert Inc., Dillsburg;
• Simeral Construction Co. Inc., Lititz; and
• Witmer & McCoy Inc., Mount Joy.
• Bomberger’s Store, Lititz; and
• Martin Paving Inc., Ephrata.
For more information, call 717/653-8106 or visit www.abckeystone.org.