Professional crews repair a hole with material from the RoadMixer.
Kemper Equipment held a RoadMixer10 demo Nov. 17 in Honey Brook, Pa.
The demo was held to introduce contractors, municipal employees, township supervisors, roadmasters and road crews not only to the equipment but also the concept. This RoadMixer supplies hot asphalt material on the site — anywhere and anytime — in the required amounts.
The RoadMixer 10 is the flagship unit in the RoadMixer Series of mobile volumetric hot mix asphalt mixing and delivery systems. The machine provides the ability to produce hot mix asphalt from raw materials carried onboard or from materials on the job site. The RoadMixer 10 is designed specifically for road repair contractors, providing new opportunities by increasing capabilities and lowering overall maintenance costs.
Among its features and benefits, the RoadMixer 10 can:
• Eliminate multiple temporary repairs;
• Provide winter season permanent repairs;
• Reduce road closure time by providing single, permanent repairs;
• Reduce hauling time to and from the asphalt plant;
• Reduce waiting time;
• Provide a smoother finish from custom, consistent mixes;
• Offer repair in demand by providing contractors with the unique ability to respond to emergency repairs on short notice without the need for temporary measures, and more.
For more information, visit www.kemperequipment.com and www.roadmixer.com.
RoadMixer: Specs at a Glance
• Overall Capacity: 10-ton (9 t) capacity based on 54,000 GVW chassis.
• Production Rate: 3-9 tons (2.7 to 8.2 t) per hour (TPH). Variable rate dependent on aggregate moisture content.
• Burner Fuel Type: #2 fuel oil or diesel. Accepts either fuel for operator convenience.
• Hot Mix Asphalt Type: Fine mix or binder mix one fine mix, One coarse mix. Available two customizable mixes per customer specifications.
• Number of Material Bins: 3 one sand (required); Two stone — Variable multi-aggregate bins for fine or coarse material.
• Liquid Asphalt Capacity: 114 gal. (431 L) liquid capacity based on U.S. hazardous material specifications. Haz placard not required.
• Other: On-board melt system designed to work with flexi-bagged, solid asphalt cement.
Today's top stories