Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) congratulated ABC member companies, a chapter and a partner for receiving top honors in the Construction Users Roundtable’s (CURT) Construction Industry Safety Excellence (CISE) Awards and the Workforce Development Awards at CURT’s national conference Nov. 9 in Orlando, Fla.
“ABC is extremely proud of its members for receiving national recognition by the Construction Users Roundtable in both the Constructor Safety Award categories and the Workforce Development Awards,” said ABC President and CEO Kirk Pickerel. “These achievements underscore the tremendous commitment that ABC members make to improving workplace safety and promoting the next generation of construction professionals.”
ABC members won three CURT CISE Awards. Contractors recognized for their outstanding safety performance over the past three years were:
NAICS Code 237: Heavy Construction Contractors
* The Saxon Group — (more than 2 million man-hours per year). Based in Suwanee, Ga., the company is a member of three ABC chapters.
NAICS Code 238: Special Trade Contractors
* Shaw Environmental & Infrastructure — (more than 2 million man-hours per year). A division of The Shaw Group based in Baton Rouge, La., the company belongs to seven ABC chapters.
* The Brock Group — (more than 2 million man-hours per year). Headquartered in Houston, the Brock Group is a member of four ABC chapters.
In the CURT Workforce Development Awards, an ABC member, a partner and a chapter took three of the four honors in recognition of their recruitment, training and education of construction professionals. They include:
* The Shaw Group, a member of seven ABC chapters;
* Mississippi Construction Education Foundation — a partner of ABC of Mississippi Chapter; and
* ABC Pelican Chapter of Baton Rouge for its program “The ABC’s of Workforce Development: A Primer for Public/Private Initiatives.”