Allied Construction Products Celebrates 70th Year as an Attachments Manufacturer
📅 Thu December 20, 2012 - National Edition
Allied Construction Products, LLC is celebrating its 70th year as a manufacturer and distributor of attachments and equipment. Allied, which began as a small steel business, has evolved as a leader in construction product technology. Allied designs, manufactures and distributes these specialty products primarily for the construction and mining industries and for other industries/applications where its products are readily adaptable.
Five hard working people and one product (Grip-Lug) were the foundation of Amalgamated Steel which later became Allied Steel & Tractor Products Inc. (now known as Allied Construction Products LLC). The operations began in 1942 at 19200 Cranwood Parkway, Cleveland, Ohio. Later, Allied relocated to 5800 Harper Road, Solon, Ohio, and is now headquartered at 3900 Kelley Ave., Cleveland, Ohio, in the Midtown Corridor where a wide-assortment of construction equipment attachments are produced. The Allied complex with fifty plus employees covers nearly 70,000 sq. ft. where manufacturing and assembly take place of all products.
Allied provides products through its distributor network.
Ed Turner, president and CEO, said that “the strong relationship with our distributors is built on mutual confidence which is Allied’s major success. Allied’s distributors, because of the communication and support, get to the heart of customer service. With our distributor organization, we give our customers local sales and service support.”
Turner stated further that “the most important thing to us is maintaining customer uptime. We do this with a top-notch [high performance] sales team. Distributors who have been with Allied for 20-30 years are the real testament to our successful distributor network.”
Allied honored five of these distributors including Leslie Equipment Company, Van-Ed Equipment, Highway Equipment Company, The G. W. Van Keppel Company and Strongco Equipment for their continuous sales and service performance at the company’s recent incentive trip to the Big Island of Hawaii.
The fact that Allied is celebrating its 70th anniversary demonstrates its commitment to the construction market. Allied has been an AEM (formerly known as CIMA) member since 1978, an Associated Equipment Distributors (AED) member since January 1959 and a ConExpo-Con/AGG exhibitor since 1981. The company also is a member of the National Demolition Association (formerly known as NADC), the National Stone Association (NSA), the American Rental Association and the Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries (ISRI).
For more information, call 216/431-2600 or visit www.AlliedCP.com.