Allied Construction Products LLC added the Skid-Pac Model 1000 to its full-product line of attachments.
The all-new extreme Skid-Pacs have taken the Ho-Pac vibratory compactor technology and put it into motion. Mounted on a skid steer, the Model 1000 now travels quickly over soil in flatwork, delivers more impact energy, has an errorless four-function valve and maintenance-free oil splash bearing lubrication, according to the manufacturer.
Features of the all-new extreme Skid-Pacs include:
• Larger eccentric with mass further away from shaft centerline helps to increase impulse and compaction force
• 9 ft. (2.7 m) square base plate covers the outside width of the skid steer tires to eliminate marks in the soil
• Oil splash provides maintenance-free (no greasing) bearing lubrication
• Fits all manufacturer’s skid steers in the 4,000 to 14,000 lb. (1,814 to 6,350 kg) weight range that use the universal mounting quick-change couplers
• Base plate compacts soil in flatwork while the skid steer is moving forward or in reverse
• New hose routing for better protection against sheared or damaged hoses
• Worry-free “plug-and-go” installation
• Tough-coat hoses prevent cuts and extend wear-life
• Four-function valve controls flow, pressure, regeneration and oil flow direction
Using an eccentric, rotating weight that creates vibration and impulse energy, the skid steer mounted Skid-Pac uses the same technology as the Ho-Pac vibratory compactor/driver to provide the needed forces for effective flatwork soil compaction.
Changing from bucket to Skid-Pac in minutes, it eliminates the need for a special purpose machine — like a walk-behind plate compactor or ride-on roller — on the job site. Working where heavy rollers can’t, it reduces labor costs and allows the contractor to do more types of work, according to the manufacturer.
Skid-Pacs are useful for:
• Preparing street, driveway or sidewalk sub-bases prior to concrete paving (concrete paving contractors)
• Backfilling against curbs, gutters, highway pavement and concrete slabs (grading contractors)
• Smoothing, leveling, and compacting sub-soil to prepare for sodding or seeding (landscaping contractors)
• Compacting crushed rock at commercial, industrial and institutional construction jobs (General Contractors)
• Asphalt patch work repairs (municipalities)
One or more of more than 2,500 customized hydraulic kits from Allied provide components for mounting Allied’s Skid-Pac on skid steers. The Model 1000 operates with an impulse force of 8,000 lbs. at 2,000 cycles per minute with a minimum gpm of 12, 18 or 21 (45, 68 and 79 Lpm).
For more information, call 216/431-2600 or visit www.AlliedCP.com.
Today's top stories