The American Road & Transportation Builders Association’s Transportation Development Foundation (ARTBA-TDF) is hosting one of its most highly-acclaimed instructional programs for industry safety professionals to help ensure they have the training and credentials to better manager and improve safety on construction projects and job sites. The Roadway Construction Safety Academy will be held Dec. 2 to 6 at ARTBA’s headquarters building, in Washington, D.C.
Built around the adult learning model of instruction by leading experts and peer-to-peer interaction, the course is designed specifically for safety construction professionals, foremen, managers, HR personnel and others responsible for worker training.
Industry experts Travis Parson, senior safety and health specialist of the Laborers’ Health & Safety Fund of North America (LHSFNA) and Omar Lopez, ARTBA’s safety programs lead instructor, will lead the five-day workshop delivering key safety management, training and accreditation in the following areas:
• Roadway construction-focused OSHA 500 Instructor Course (which qualifies participants to teach OSHA 10- and 30-Hour Courses)
• Flagger Instructor Certification
• Preventing Runovers and Backovers of Workers Training Course
• The Roadway Safety+ Interactive Training Program
• Aids for working with a Spanish-speaking workforce
• OSHA 1926 Standards
Registration is $1,700 for ARTBA members and $2,000 for non-members. More than 30 Professional Development Hours are available.
For more information, call 202/289-4434 or visit www.transportationbuilderinstitute.org.