The new D8T moves up to 18 percent more material per hour than the previous model, while using about the same amount of fuel, representing a significant fuel efficiency gain.
The latest Cat D8T dozer is designed to move more material in less time, at a lower cost per ton, for a faster return on equipment investment. The bulldozer features an all-new fully automatic transmission, delivering up to 18 percent more productivity without consuming more fuel, as well as unprecedented ease of operation, according to the manufacturer. Added blade capacity, increased power and steering performance, and a full range of technology options help customers realize more productivity and a faster payback.
Move More Material, Use Less Fuel
The new D8T moves up to 18 percent more material per hour than the previous model, while using about the same amount of fuel, representing a significant fuel efficiency gain. In lighter applications, customers can expect to see up to 11 percent fuel savings compared to doing the same work with the previous model.
Much of the productivity gain comes from a new Caterpillar designed fully-automatic 4-speed transmission. The powertrain continuously optimizes the dozer for maximum power and greatest efficiency based on the load. There is no need for the operator to upshift/downshift, so operators of varying experience levels can get the most from the dozer without having to manage gear shifts. The added gear and seamless lock-up clutch engagement ensure smooth shifting.
The semi-universal (SU) blade capacity has been increased by 19 percent. At 13.4 cu. yd. (10.3 cu m), the largest SU blade in the size class finishes jobs in fewer passes. Optional performance cutting edges increase blade payload by up to 25 percent versus standard cutting edges, especially in hard/frozen ground or heavily compacted materials.
Powered by a Cat C15 ACERT engine, the new D8T offers 354 net hp (264 kW). Drawbar power is increased by up to 13 percent. A 10 percent increase in steering torque, fully automatic transmission and differential steering combine to provide best-in-class steering performance under load, according to the manufacturer.
Technology Choices for Your Business
Caterpillar offers a choice of Cat Connect GRADE technologies help get work done more efficiently and more accurately. Technologies range from simple grade indicators to full factory-integrated GPS, all supported by Caterpillar and Cat dealers.
- Cat Slope Indicate is standard, showing the machine cross-slope and fore/aft orientation on the primary monitor for quick and easy reference.
- Cat GRADE with Slope Assist is an option on Single Tilt D8Ts that provides basic blade positioning assistance without the need for added hardware or a GPS signal.
- Cat GRADE with 3D is an optional factory-integrated grade-control system that provides three-dimensional guidance both for production dozing and fine grading. The system features roof-mounted antennas to eliminate blade masts and cables.
- Factory Attachment Ready Option (ARO) provides optimal mounting locations, brackets, and hardware and simplifies installation of an aftermarket grade control system.
- AutoCarry automates blade lift to maintain desired blade load, improve load consistency, and reduce track slip. Works seamlessly with GRADE with 3D.
Cat LINK telematics technology helps take the complexity out of managing job sites — by gathering data generated by equipment, materials and people — and serving it up in customizable formats.
- Product Link collects data automatically and accurately from equipment assets — any type and any brand. Information such as location, hours, fuel usage, productivity, idle time, maintenance alerts, diagnostic codes, and machine health can be viewed online through web and mobile applications.
- Access information anytime, anywhere with VisionLink — and use it to make informed decisions that boost productivity, lower costs, simplify maintenance and improve safety and security on job sites. With different subscription level options, Cat dealer can help you conﬁgure exactly what you need to connect your ﬂeet and manage your business, without paying for extras you don't want. Subscriptions are available with cellular or satellite reporting or both.
Save Maintenance Time and Money
Like all Cat dozers, the D8T is designed for easy routine maintenance with features like grouped service points and a ground level service center. New cartridge fuel filters, longer engine oil service interval and standard programmable automatic reversing fan help save maintenance time. New optional heavy duty extended life undercarriage — Cat HDXL with DuraLink — offers up to 25 percent more wear life in abrasive conditions to help reduce maintenance time and overall cost. More robust structures provide the added durability to handle the increased weight and productivity.
The D8T is available in standard and low ground pressure (LGP) configurations, as well as purpose-built waste and stockpile arrangements. A variety of blades and track shoe types/widths allows each machine to be optimized for performance in specific applications.
For more information, visit www.cat.com.