In an attempt to help its customers minimize equipment operating costs, Caterpillar is providing S•O•S Services — Oil Analysis and Coolant Analysis. It is a fast, reliable, accurate way to see what’s going on inside the equipment, according to Caterpillar.
Proper fluid maintenance is imperative to keep machines and engines operating at peak performance.
An Investment in Lower Costs
• Avoid — S•O•S Services help keep minor repairs from becoming major ones, and helps avoid complete failures. Often an adjustment or replacement of a single part, based on S•O•S Services’ findings, can prevent a small problem from growing into a major repair.
• Track — S•O•S Services help predict wear-related problems, allowing greater flexibility in repair scheduling and downtime control. S•O•S Services provides a tool that tracks the wear of components and parts, oil performance, and oil condition. S•O•S Services tracks what’s going on inside the equipment.
• Maintain — S•O•S Services shortens repair time. Using the S•O•S Services Report as a guide, troubleshooting time is often reduced, enabling a service technician to go directly to the core of the problem.
• Optimize — S•O•S Services help optimize oil change intervals.
• Manage — S•O•S Services manages component life and equipment availability, thus reducing owning and operating costs.
S•O•S Oil Analysis is available for all major oil-lubricated systems (engine, transmission, hydraulic system, and final drives); S•O•S Coolant Analysis also is available.