The Contractors Association of Will and Grundy Counties’s Scholarship Committee has named the 17th Annual CAWGC Scholarships recipients. CAWGC received 10 applications and, after interviews were conducted, the committee awarded scholarships to the following seven recipients: Joseph D. Weigmann of Minooka; Justin K. Chmura of Tinley Park; Alissa M. Alberico of Manhattan; Paige C. Dickison of Gardner; Jordan M. Rife of Frankfort; Scott E. Simpson of Joliet and William F. Sieczkowski III of Orland Park.
• Joseph D. Weigmann, a graduate of Minooka Community High School, will be attending Missouri University of Science & Technology and majoring in mechanical engineering. His parents are Karen and Greg Wiegmann, who is an employee of Brieser Construction, a CAWGC member.
• Justin K. Chmura, a graduate of Providence Catholic High School, will be attending University of Missouri and majoring in engineering. His parents are Amy and Kevin Chmura, who is an employee of JULIE Inc., a CAWGC member.
• Alissa M. Alberico, a graduate of Providence Catholic High School, will be attending Georgia Institute of Technology and majoring in engineering. Her parents are Kathleen and Luigi Alberico of J. S. Alberico Construction, a CAWGC member.
• Paige C. Dickison, who was homeschooled, will be a junior at Joliet Junior College. She will be majoring in chemical engineering. Her parents are Roxanne and John Dickison, an employee of P. T. Ferro Construction, a CAWGC member.
• Jordan M. Rife, a graduate of Lincoln-Way North High School, will be attending the University of Illinois at Chicago and is majoring in architecture. Her father Glenn (deceased) was a member of the Sprinkler Fitters and Apprentices Union. Her mother Ellen Rife is an office manager of the Fitters Local 281.
• Scott E. Simpson, a graduate of Joliet Catholic Academy, will be attending Ferris State University and is majoring in construction management. His parents are Patricia and John Simpson of Frank Burla & Sons Builders, a CAWGC member.
• William F. Sieczkowski III, a graduate of Carl Sandberg High School, will be attending University of Illinois Urbana Champaign and majoring in civil and environmental engineering. His parents are Elena Reklaitis and William Sieczkowski Jr. of R. Carlson & Sons Inc., a CAWGC member.
Next year’s scholarship program information and form will be available after February 1, 2016 at www.contractorswillgrundy.org.