North American construction equipment distributor members of Associated Equipment Distributors (AED) have elected G. Bennett Closner of Closner Equipment Co. to the position of 2009 chairman of the association.
He was installed to the association’s highest volunteer position during AED’s 90th Annual Meeting in San Diego, Jan. 14 to 17. Representatives from the industry’s leading dealerships, manufacturers and service firms from the United States, Canada and abroad attended the AED convention.
Closer is the president and CEO of Closner Equipment Co. Inc., Schertz, Texas, an equipment dealership specializing in asphalt, concrete and compaction equipment that represents Barber-Greene, Gomaco, Dynapac, Rosco, Lincoln, Mauldin, Superior Broom, Putzmeister, Minnich, Ferguson, Allentown, Basic Manufacturing, ADM and ABCO Engineering. Closner first started working for Closner Equipment in 1982 and served in field sales, export sales, information systems and sales management before being named president and CEO in 2004.
He has been involved with AED’s board of directors for the past four years, most recently having served as vice chairman of the board. He has also served on AED’s executive and finance committees as well as the product support and rental round tables. Closner also served on The AED Foundation’s board of directors in 2006.
In addition to his work with AED, Closner also is very active in the Associated General Contractors of Texas, Highway-Heavy, as well as the Texas Asphalt Pavement Association and Texas Good Roads and Transportation Association.
Other AED officers elected to serve in 2009 include:
• Vice Chairman of the Board — Dennis Vander Molen, president, Vermeer MidSouth in Jackson, Miss.
• Senior Vice President — Dennis E. Kruepke, president and CEO, McCann Industries Inc., Addison, Ill.
• Vice President — Lawrence F. Glynn, president, CMW Equipment, St. Louis.
• Vice President/Canada — Mike Christodoulou, president, Cummins Eastern Canada, Pointe Claire, PQ, Canada
• Vice President of Finance — Dennis G. Romanson, president, Road Machinery, Phoenix.
Today's top stories