Ninety DPW and Water Department workers from more than 36 Michigan municipalities attended Efficiency Production and Michigan Rural Water Association’s 2013 Municipal Safety Day.
In conjunction with the Michigan Rural Water Association (MRWA), Michigan CAT, Cherne Industries, Miss Dig and Jack Doheny Company, Efficiency Production Inc. is set to host its 8th Annual Municipal Safety Day on May 29 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Efficiency Production’s corporate headquarters in Mason, Mich. As in the past, participants at Municipal Safety Day will qualify for MDEQ continuing education credits.
The agenda for Municipal Safety Day includes:
• Confined space training, presented by Jack Doheny Company
• New utility location requirements and training, presented by Miss Dig
• Excavation safety training, presented by Efficiency Production
• Backhoe operator training, presented by Michigan CAT
• Hydro-excavation demonstration, presented by Jack Doheny Company
• Test ball/pipe plug safety, presented by Cherne Industries
• Free lunch and raffle
"Municipal Safety Day is designed specifically for Michigan’s public works personnel," said Ken Forsberg, president of Efficiency Production Inc. "It provides a cross-section of equipment, regulation, and best-practice safety procedures and operation."
There is no cost to attend the event.
To register, call 989/539-4111.
Today's top stories