Extec has launched the S-6 production screen based on the doublescreen concept. Designed for the aggregate producer who requires large throughput, true mobility and clean gradings, the new S-6 encompasses such features as:
• Screening area consisting of two individual 10 by 5 screen boxes, each possessing their own separate drive, and each being independently angled.
• The screen box arrangement presents a large screening area, yet allows for an incredibly clean product through the independent set-up of the two screen boxes.
• Longer, chevron belted side conveyors, in order to feed directly into a cone crusher, and/or possess vast stockpiling capacities.
• Long tail conveyor for greater stockpiling capacity.
• Faster running belts in order to facilitate high rates of production.
• Screen box lift mechanism to ease mesh change.
• New stronger chassis design for demanding environments.
• Longer tracks in order to produce a stable screening platform.
These mold breaking attributes are combined with existing features found on the S-5 and S-4 doublescreens, including a large hopper with variable speed belt feeder, a heavy-duty roller bed and heavy-duty belting; a heavy-duty tipping grid activated by remote control; a spreader plate to spread material across the full width of the screening facility, maintaining the velocity of the material particles; and an optional vibrating grid for breaking down material prior to screening.
Although possessing many customer-focused features, at the heart of the S-6 is the doublescreen box. This enables the screener to incorporate such mold breaking features as independent screen-box slope; independent screen-box vibration; independent screen-box amplitude; and independent screen-box speed.
The doublescreen box allows for more than 20 different screening angles. Screening efficiency is maximized as material flow is directed by the angle of the screen box resulting in:
• A steep angle for the primary screen-box ensures that the majority of the material is processed in the initial impact area.
• The majority of the undersize is removed during initial impact.
• Only near-size material passes to the secondary screen-box. This may be set flat enough to ensure any remaining material is screened efficiently.
• Clean gradings, at very high output, are produced as material is exposed to large screening area.
For more information, visit www.extec.eu.
Today's top stories