Five D Designs New Heater Option
The new GEN II is a totally self-contained unit.
📅 Mon May 18, 2015 - National Edition
Five D Industries in Tomahawk, Wisc., manufacturer of the original hot patch heater has designed a new heater option called the GEN II hot patch heater.
Five D introduced this new unit at the APWA Snow Show in Grand Rapids, Mich.
The new GEN II has all the features of the original hot patch unit with its hydraulic shoveling platform. However, the new GEN II is a totally self-contained unit. It does not need to be connected to the engine in order to heat asphalt patching materials.
Other benefits of the new GEN II include:
• Completely self-contained unit
• No need to rely on the truck engine’s cooling system
• Easy to move from truck to truck with just an extra set of brackets and electrical hook-ups
• Runs using its own diesel or gas supply (less than a gallon per day)
• No longer relies on the engine’s temperature to heat unit
• Maintains an even temperature with no variations
• Works in conjunction with the built-in 120 V Pre-Heater
• Patch material is ready to go in the morning with the dual heating system
Read more about...