Our newsletters cover the entire industry and only include the interests that you pick. Sign up and see.
Five Star Equipment Announces New Hires, Promotions
Mon October 01, 2018 - Northeast Edition #20
Bill Farrell, CEO of Five Star Equipment headquartered in Dunmore, Pa., announces the following new hires and promotions.
- Tim Hunt has been hired as the general manager of the Syracuse, N.Y., branch. Hunt joins Five Star from the town of Cazenovia, where he served as highway superintendent since 2007. He earned his Bachelor of Arts degree from the State University of New York at Oswego. Hunt is the secretary and chairman of the Legislative Committee for the NYS Highway Association Executive Committee and treasurer of the Madison County Highway Association.
- Lance Donahue has been hired as the service manager of the Waterford, Pa., branch. Donahue has many years of experience in heavy equipment repair, including running his own repair business.
- Mike Baxter has been hired as service manager of the Syracuse, N.Y., branch. Baxter joins the Five Star team with many years of experience in the agricultural equipment and over the road truck maintenance and repair industry.
- Charles Roberts has been hired as the grade control specialist, stationed out of the Rochester, N.Y., branch. In this role, Roberts will work closely with the Five Star sales team to assist customers looking to purchase or rent John Deere machines with Topcon 2D laser and 3D GPS grade control systems. He comes to Five Star with more than 15 years of experience in the heavy equipment industry.
- Bob Plavier is the new service manager of the Dunmore, Pa., branch. Prior to his transition to Dunmore, Plavier was the service manager of the Kirkwood, N.Y., branch for 18 years. He has extensive experience in the construction industry, including on-highway trucks and cranes.
- Mike Klinegardner has been promoted to service manager of the Kirkwood, N.Y., branch. He previously served as service advisor in Kirkwood and has four years of experience as a field technician. Klinegardner also served for 10 years in the United States Navy Construction Battalion Seabees. In that role, he was responsible for the maintenance and repair of many brands of equipment, as well as supervising and training his team during deployments.
- Lori Prent has been promoted to service advisor of the Syracuse, N.Y., branch. Prent has been employed with Five Star for five years as a sales and branch administrator.
- Pamela Huckaby has been promoted to parts specialist of the Syracuse branch. Huckaby brings an in-depth knowledge of customer needs and expectations with her previous experience working for Syracuse Supply as an inside parts salesperson.
- Brenda Perkins has been promoted to corporate warranty administrator. Perkins has worked for Five Star for five years, supporting the Rochester, N.Y., branch as the branch administrative support and service writer.
- Paul Eaton has been hired as the sales and rental coordinator for the Kirkwood, N.Y., branch. He will be responsible for all rentals and supports the branch's sales team. Prior to joining Five Star Equipment, Eaton was a self-employed dairy farmer.
- Jessica Barnum has been promoted to WorkSight technology specialist. Barnum joined Five Star Equipment in 2000 and previously served as the sales and rental coordinator of the Kirkwood, N.Y., branch. She also has been a key liaison between Five Star Equipment and John Deere.
- Michelle Glair has joined Five Star's Orchard Park, N.Y., branch as the new sales coordinator. Glair comes to Five Star from K Technologies, where she worked as a buyer.
For more than 35 years, Five Star Equipment has been supplying the construction and forestry industries with top-quality equipment and five-star service. We sell, rent and service John Deere, Hitachi and Bomag — just to name a few.
For more information, visit fivestarequipment.com.