The financial servicing center is projected to create more than 490 jobs and at least $20 million in capital investment in the state of Texas.
Gov. Greg Abbott attended and delivered remarks at the groundbreaking ceremony for a new General Motors financial servicing center in San Antonio, Texas. The financial servicing center is projected to create more than 490 jobs and at least $20 million in capital investment in the state of Texas.
“Today is the latest example of the economic diversification Texas enjoys,” said Gov. Abbott. “San Antonio is home of transformational technology and manufacturing, and now, the city is adding hundreds of new jobs in the growing financial services sector. I thank General Motors Financial for being such a great business partner and continuing to expand in Texas."
• 100,000 sq. ft. (9,290 sq m) facility planned for construction on 13.8 acres of land.
• Center will provide customer care and funding for motor vehicle loans and leases.
• Total economic output over first 10 years of operations can reach $333 million.
• A Texas Enterprise Fund (TEF) grant of $2.5 million has been extended to GM Financial.
• GM Financial is headquartered in Fort Worth, Texas.
• GM Financial already employs 2,580 workers in the state of Texas.