Jeff Dobosz of SITECH Metro Northeast explains Trimble Earthworks, now available in Caterpillar excavators. The Earthworks display provides operators with an extraordinarily detailed view of exactly where they are digging and how it relates to each project’s design.
H.O. Penn, the Caterpillar Dealer for Downstate New York and the State of Connecticut, hosted another well attended open house on June 15 at its Newington, CT, facility.
A live demonstration area was the centerpiece of this year's event where customers had the opportunity to dig, load, and grade on site. H.O. Penn's partner, SITECH Metro Northeast, equipped each piece of excavating equipment with the latest Trimble technology, which uses laser positioning or GPS to provide equipment with increased accuracy and efficiency.
This year's open house also featured a “Product Support Showcase” — an area where customers could receive information about H.O. Penn's CAT support teams and processes, including:
- Parts.Cat.Com (Online Parts Ordering);
- EMServices (Equipment Management Services);
- New PaveForce: Biodegradable Asphalt Solvent;
- Cat S•O•S Fluid Analysis Lab;
- Brigade rear view cameras and alarms;
- Cat Certified Rebuild and Repair options;
- New Cat Backhoe Fuel System Tune Up;
- CAT Inspect (machine inspection tools);
- CAT kits and parts showcase;
- CAT Work Tools showcase; and
- CAT Undercarriage and GET care
H.O. Penn awarded many door prizes throughout the event, including a flat screen TV, a Caterpillar tool box, gift cards and much more.