The BLK2GO PULSE is primarily used for indoor applications such as the creation of 3D digital twins and 2D floor plans.
Leica Geosystems, part of Hexagon, a global leader in digital reality solutions combining sensor, software and autonomous technologies, announced the upcoming release of the Leica BLK2GO PULSE.
The BLK2GO PULSE is a new first-person laser scanner that combines cutting-edge LiDAR sensor technology with the original Leica BLK2GO form factor. It provides customers with a rapid, simple and intuitive first-person scanning method, controlled with their smartphone, that delivers full-color 3D point clouds instantly in the field.
The BLK2GO PULSE was built in collaboration with Sony Semiconductor Solutions Corporation (Sony), a global leader in image sensors. The BLK2GO PULSE fuses Sony's advanced Time-of-Flight (ToF) image sensors with Leica Geosystems' GrandSLAM technology, resulting in the world's first dual ToF handheld scanner.
With its release planned in early 2024, the BLK2GO PULSE will add a new, unique and disruptive member to the BLK2GO product family. The BLK2GO PULSE is primarily used for indoor applications such as the creation of 3D digital twins and 2D floor plans.
Additional features include:
- First-person scanning: See what you capture from a first-person scanning perspective. Colorized 3D data is streamed in real time to the smartphone screen.
- Instant data availability: Immediately view and share colorized 3D point clouds and images from the field, as easy as sharing a photo or video.
- Intuitive companion app: With a smartphone (iOS or Android) attached to the scanner, access a streamlined end-to-end reality capture workflow in the BLK Live app.
- Smart scanning guidance: In-app notifications provide real-time guidance to the user to ensure optimal scanning practices.
- Reality Cloud Studio, powered by HxDR, upload: Easily upload scans from the field to Reality Cloud Studio, Hexagon's cloud application for reality capture data visualization, collaboration, and storage.
"With a fast end-to-end workflow that combines scanner and smartphone app into one reality capture solution, users will benefit from an easy, intuitive user experience and the delivery of complete data instantly," said Juergen Mayer, president Reality Capture at Leica Geosystems, part of Hexagon.
"The BLK2GO PULSE furthers our mission to democratize reality capture, and along with Hexagon's most recent innovations such as Reality Cloud Studio, we continue to push the envelope of what is possible in digital reality with even more disruptive products."
Today's top stories