Modern technology has made it possible to deliver increased information to truck operators. Mack Trucks Inc. makes sure this additional information is delivered to drivers in an efficient manner by offering the Navion R5000 navigational radio. The R5000 integrates up to six separate functions, including safety-related devices, vehicle information and entertainment. The R5000 can be ordered now as an option for the Mack Pinnacle highway series and Mack Granite vocational series.
The R5000 is Mack-installed for robust operation and eliminates the need for complicated aftermarket add-on installation. It fits into a standard in-dash radio slot and has a 7-in. color LCD screen, which displays easy-to-read information in a convenient location. This allows drivers to view vehicle performance and safety information on one display, while reducing potential driver distraction. The unit also has large, easy-to-use controls. The R5000 functions include:
• Entertainment systems — AM/FM/weather band radio, CD, digital audio inputs for MP3 players, iPods and USB memory devices, and satellite radio controller, with a 200-watt four-channel amplifier.
• Tire pressure monitor — data from wireless transmission of signals from tire-mounted pressure sensors warns drivers when tire pressure is out of pre-set limits; also provides real-time pressure readings for any tire on the tractor and trailer.
• Camera display — images from remote vision and blind spot camera systems are shown on the 7-in. display; the display can be preset for specific actions, such as turn signal activation
• Navigation system — the R5000 comes pre-loaded with street maps for North America and can provide spoken driving directions using the truck’s audio system speakers, as well as visual directions on the screen.
• Vehicle system monitor — vehicle performance data is accessed via an SAE J1939 link and is displayed on the screen; system also has customizable alarm screens to alert the driver to out-of-range conditions.
• Trip computer — driver-requested route information, fuel consumption tracking, multiple trip odometers, and speed and distance tracking are all available through customizable displays.
“There is a wealth of available information for Mack customers to use to enhance productivity, safety and performance,” said Jerry Warmkessel, Mack marketing product manager, highway products. “For instance, being able to accurately see tire pressures at a glance not only saves time, but increases fuel economy and safety, and reduces tire costs. The Navion R5000 navigational radio presents this information in an effective way to customers. And the entertainment features help the miles go by more quickly.”
For more information, visit www.macktrucks.com.