Maine's three year work plan includes more than $2.44 billion worth of construction and maintenance, which includes more than 1,900 work items.
The Maine Dept. of Transportation has outlined a three-year transportation infrastructure work plan, including details about which roads it plans to make improvements to.
The plan is released annually with an outline of the Maine Department of Transportation's strategy for road, bridge and other transportation projects throughout the state.
The work plan includes more than $2.44 billion worth of construction and maintenance, which includes more than 1,900 work items, according to a news release from Sen. Dave Miramant, D-Camden.
The three-year plan estimates DOT will invest in 199 miles of highway construction and rehabilitation; 1,142 miles of pavement preservation; 1,800 miles of light capital paving for roads and highways; 203 spot and safety improvements; and 203 bridge projects.
The following breakdown is the planned capital and maintenance work in Knox County in 2019.
- Light capital paving on Route 105 in Appleton beginning 0.06 miles north of the Washington town line and extending east 6.21 miles
- Light capital paving on Route 1 in Camden and Lincolnville beginning 0.3 miles south of the Lincolnville town line and extending north 2.68 miles
- Light capital paving on Cross Road in Cushing beginning at Route 97 and extending east 1.56 miles to Pleasant Point Road
- Light capital paving in Cushing and Thomaston beginning at Route 1 and extending south 10.94 miles
- Paving work on Route 220 in Friendship beginning at Route 97 and extending north 10.09 miles
- Light capital paving on Route 220 in Friendship beginning at Route 97 and extending north 10 miles to Route 1
- Light capital paving on Main Street on North Haven beginning at Iron Point Road and extending north 1.92 miles to Crab Tree Point Road
- Paving work on Route 1 in Rockland beginning 0.1 miles northeast of Glenwood Avenue and extending northeast 1.22 miles
- Paving work on Route 1 in Rockland and Rockport beginning at Maverick Street and extending north 0.86 miles
- Light capital paving in Saint George and South Thomaston beginning at Route 73 and extending west 3.41 miles to Route 131
- Light capital paving on North Haven Road on Vinalhaven beginning at Calderwood Neck Road and extending southeast 5.24 miles
- Light capital paving on West Main Street on Vinalhaven beginning at Sands Road and extending northeast 0.31 miles to High Street
- Improving the Main Street Bridge on Route 1 in Camden over Megunticook River located 0.03 miles south of Atlantic Avenue
- Work on Lane Island Bridge over Tidal Flow on Vinalhaven located 0.06 miles south of Round the Mountain Road
- Work in Warren on the Rockland Rail Bridge over Nichols River and Georges River
Ditching and Culvert Maintenance
- Ditching and replacing of six culverts on Route 97 in Warren, Friendship and Cushing beginning at Route 1 and extending south 9.49 miles
- Replacing six culverts and ditching on Colonel Stairs Road in Waldoboro beginning at State Road and extending southwest 2.26 miles to Route 97 in Cushing
- Ditching and replacing six culverts on Route 220 in Friendship beginning at Route 97 and extending northwest 10.09 miles
- Ditching and replacing culverts on Route 235 in Union beginning 0.26 miles north of Route 17 and extending north 4.28 miles to Lightning Hill Road in Hope
- Large culvert improvements on Route 1 in Rockland located 0.1 miles north of Waldo Avenue
- Ditching and replacing a culvert on Buttermilk Lane in Thomaston and South Thomaston beginning at Elm Street and extending northwest 2.88 miles
- Ditching and replacing culverts on Common Road in Union beginning at Route 17 and extending southwest 0.29 miles
- Ditching and replacing two culverts on Wottons Mill Road in Union beginning at the Warren-Union town line and extending north 0.32 miles to Davis Road
- Improving the large culvert located 0.06 miles north of the Waldoboro town line in Warren
- Ditching on Route 97 in Friendship beginning at Route 220 and extending northeast 9.49 miles to Route 1 in Warren
- New construction on Route 105 in Camden beginning at Matthew John Avenue and extending north 0.3 miles
- Stabilizing the slope on Route 1 in Camden 0.03 miles northeast of Harden Avenue
- New construction on Route 1 beginning at Quarry Hill Road in Camden and extending south 0.36 miles
- Safety and infrastructure improvements at Knox County Regional Airport in Rockland
- New construction at the Fish Pier in Rockland located at the intersection of Weeks Street and Commercial Street
- Improvements at Sharps Point Marina located off Mechanic Street in Rockland
- Cleaning under the guardrail on Route 17 in Rockport beginning at Route 90 and extending southeast 3.08 miles to the Rockport-Rockland town line
- New construction to expand Crew Quarters on Vinalhaven
- New construction on the Vinalhaven Ferry Slip on Vinalhaven