The Master Builders’ Association (MBA) recently honored construction teams for building winning projects.
The 2003 Building Excellence Awards were presented to:
• Best Project Over $5 Million — Rodef Shalom Temple;
Contractor — Jendoco Construction Corporation;
Architect — The Design Alliance.
• Best Project Under $5 Million — Drew Mathieson Center for Horticultural & Agricultural Technology;
Contractor — P. J. Dick Inc.;
Architect — J. A. Ammon & Associates.
• Award of Merit Under $5 Million — Edge Studio;
Contractor: Burchick Construction Company Inc.;
Architect — Edge Architecture.
• Excellence in Craftsmanship — Honors College Renovations, University of Pittsburgh;
Contractor — Burchick Construction Company Inc.;
Architect — Rothschild-Doyno Architects.
Finalists for the awards include:
Best Project Over $5 Million Category:
• Hillman Cancer Center, P. J. Dick Inc./Massaro Company.
• McGowan Institute for Regenerative Medicine, TEDCO Construction Corp.
Best Project Under $5 Million Category:
• Headmaster’s Residence, Kiski School, Mosites Construction Company.
Excellence in Craftsmanship Category:
• Vilar Technology Center, Washington & Jefferson College, Harris Masonry Inc.
The Master Builders’ Association represents western Pennsylvania’s leading commercial, industrial and institutional contractors, who invest in a skilled workforce, experienced management and safer, more productive job sites.