Maxwell Systems Inc., a provider of construction business management software solutions and services, announced the availability of American Contractor release 7.6, the latest version of its robust business management software solution for handling the complexities of the entire project life cycle. Its most significant enhancement is Maxwell Systems Quest Estimator integration, which incorporates takeoff and estimating capabilities with complete job cost accounting and project management processes. Together, they create an end-to-end solution that streamlines proposals, creates budgets and billing schedules automatically, generates purchase orders and converts estimate data to buy-out.
Maxwell Systems American Contractor helps companies operate efficiently, reduce costs and increase profits with features that include project management, financial management, workforce management and service management. This versatility makes American Contractor 7.6 applicable for construction or service businesses of any size, according to the manufacturer.
“Contractors can now take their projects from takeoff to cash with end-to-end capabilities,” said Jim Flynn, CEO of Maxwell Systems.
“Our comprehensive solution ties together the industry’s leading estimating and construction business management solution. Customers now get the full toolbox they need to help monitor, control and boost their profitability and productivity. For business owners, this means a way to quickly and accurately create bids, monitor win-loss ratios, track change orders and more.”
Maxwell Systems American Contractor is a specialized software solution developed to meet the business requirements of every role within the organization and track the entire project life cycle from estimating to billing. The latest version includes the following new features:
• Quest Estimator Integration streamlines takeoff and complex estimating processes, simplifies proposal creation, automatically creates budgets and billing schedules and helps contractors stay on budget with real-time comparisons of original proposals to current budgets to projected job costs.
• Automatic Purchase Order Generation pulls estimates directly from Quest Estimator to create purchase orders. The program also can create inventory issues, T&M items and work order billing items from the estimates.
• Tight Proposal Integration uses a proposal wizard to tie together client and project data with estimates calculated in Quest Estimator. The proposals and project records also include new fields such as salesperson, estimator, lead source, project type and more for extensive tracking.
• Bid Command Center helps contractors quickly access important proposal and bid information. This includes win/loss/ratio reporting by estimator and weighted value reporting on outstanding proposals. In addition, the owner’s proposal-budget variance report lets owners view jobs from bid to cash at a glance.
• Immediate Customer Zone Access is an enhanced support function that features a direct link from American Contractor to Maxwell Systems’ Customer Zone. There, customers can ask questions, look up articles and contact a service representative through live chat.
• New EEOC-1 Report is built into American Contractor 7.6, and includes the new race and management classifications.
“We love having accounting and estimating functions rolled into one automated program,” said Brad Stuart, construction manager of Spivey Construction.
“We have used and benefited from American Contractor previously, but release 7.6 is particularly helpful in controlling job costs and generating estimate reports. Any of our employees can hop onto the workstation at any time, bring up the software and access the back-end database for accurate, updated information. We look forward to increasing our efficiency and cost-effectiveness with this invaluable tool.”
For more information, call 800/688-8226 or visit www.MaxwellSystems.com.
Today's top stories